Introduction to Christmas Hampers USA:-
This article covers Christmas hampers and baskets that hopefully our loved ones should adore.
Within this article, I shall refer to frequently asked questions (FAQs), hints, tips, and affiliate linked product examples, to help you with your purchase for the intended recipient in your life
Good luck with your gift item search and thank you for taking the time to read my article which I am sure will be of assistance to you both now and in the future.
- What is Christmas and when is it celebrated?
- What is the True Meaning of Christmas?
- What Are Christmas Hampers?
- How Do I Choose Christmas Hampers?
- Why Should I Buy Christmas Hampers?
- How Do You Pick Christmas Hampers?
- Best Christmas Hampers For Him When Looking For Christmas gifts for men?
- Best Christmas Hampers For Her?
- How Can I Buy Christmas Hampers?
- What Are Good Christmas Hampers?
- Is It OK To Send Christmas Hampers If I Cannot Visit?
- Christmas Hampers – Ideas To Think On:
- Where Can I Buy Christmas Hampers In Time For Christmas?
- What Content Should Be In Christmas Hampers When I Buy One?
- Can I Customize Christmas Hampers For A Particular Person?
- How Do I Make Christmas Hampers To Make It More Personal?
- How Much Do Christmas Hampers Cost – Can I afford One?
- Can I Post The Christmas Hampers To My Friends & Family Members?
- What Guarantee Do I Get With Christmas Hampers?
- Legal information.
What is Christmas and when is it celebrated?
Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ observed on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. A feast central to the Christian liturgical year, it is preceded by the season of Advent or the Nativity Fast and initiates the season of Christmastide, which historically in the West lasts twelve days and culminates on Twelfth Night; in some traditions, Christmastide includes an octave.
Christmas Day is a public holiday in many of the world’s nations, is celebrated religiously by a majority of Christians, as well as culturally by many non-Christians, and forms an integral part of the holiday season centered around it. (Source Wikipedia.com)
What is the True Meaning of Christmas?
The “true meaning of Christmas” is a phrase that began to appear in the mid-19th century when a shift toward a more secular culture resulted in a national backlash. Christians began to see the secularization of the celebration day of the birth of Christ as the shift toward Santa and gift exchanging replaced the celebration of the advent of Christ and giving to the poor and needy without expectation of receiving anything in return.
The poem A Visit From St. Nicholas (1822) helped popularize the tradition of exchanging gifts, and seasonal Christmas shopping began to assume economic importance. Harriet Beecher Stowe criticizes the commercialization in her story “Christmas; or, the Good Fairy”. An early expression of this sentiment using the phrase of “the true meaning” is found in The American magazine, vol. 28 (1889):
“to give up one’s very self — to think only of others — how to bring the greatest happiness to others — that is the true meaning of Christmas.”
The phrase is especially associated with Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol (1843), in which an old miser is taught the true meaning of Christmas by three ghostly visitors who review his past and foretell his future.
The topic was taken up by satirists such as Stan Freberg and Tom Lehrer during the 1950s and eventually by the influential TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas, first aired in 1965 and repeated every year since. “That’s what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown”, says Linus, referring to the birth of Christ. Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1957) also illustrates the topos, and was very influential in the form of an animated TV special produced in 1966. The phrase and the associated moral became used as a trope in numerous Christmas films since the 1960s.
The phrase found its way into the 2003 Urbi et Orbi address of Pope John Paul II, “The crib and the tree: precious symbols, which hand down in time the true meaning of Christmas!”. (Source Wikipedia.com)
What Are Christmas Hampers?
Christmas hampers are typically baskets or boxes of foods, drinks, and gift items. There are no set formats and rules for when assembling these items so you can adapt the contents to suit those to whom you are giving them.
Because of the time of year, you may also wish to include the following items along with your gift items:-
How Do I Choose Christmas Hampers?
Picking the best Christmas hamper gifts for your loved ones will test how well you know them. People accept a gift from anyone, no doubt, but only some of them will truly appreciate what you will give to them.
We often struggle when it comes to what to give a particularly special person on special occasions. Your relationship will matter the most in this test of picking what to give them and make them feel extra special.
If struggling when making your decision as to what to buy recall the moments when they shared to you their interests, their wants, and their dislikes, so that you won’t pick the wrong Christmas hamper gifts.
Here is a list I made that helped me when thinking and picking a Christmas hamper gift for a favorite friend or family member:
- Recall the moments when they shared with you their interests, their wants, and their dislikes, and include it in the basket.
- Try to be observant and observe them in your night out before deciding what to buy.
- Think of your shared interests, so, that you, too, will feel happy when you’ve finally decided what to buy and what the basket will look like.Give them something that they haven’t tried before but been wanting to try for quite a long time.
- A simple gift basket full of their favorite fruits with a letter will be the right choice too, giving them something to nibble on while they’re watching their favorite movie.
Why Should I Buy Christmas Hampers?
Many of my friends are couples or families and it is for these friends that I would consider making a purchase of this type. Knowing my friends well along with their preferences would make the choice of gift very simple indeed. A good bottle of wine does not need to cost the earth so I can purchase this well within my budget when funding is limited alongside some lovely food items.
Here are a few reasons to buy a Christmas hamper as a seasonal gift:-
- You want to show you care.
- To help your loved one’s family celebrate this special time of year.
- Because you want to.
- Because they care for you too.
How Do You Pick Christmas Hampers?
First of all, when picking a suitable Christmas hamper I would start by considering for whom I am making the purchase. When you are looking to buy a gift parcel for one person it could be totally different to when buying for a family of four adults and children. For example, I always give my staff a Christmas pudding from Harrods and I take into account how many will be sat at the dining table when it is eaten when ordering the correct size.
Here are a few steps I follow when preparing to make a hamper purchase:-
- Consider the number of people you are buying for.
- The budget you wish to work within.
- Food and drink preferences.
- Any know allergies.
- The shelf life of the hamper contents.
Here are a few unusual items you could add as extra items to go along with the food and drink items in your hamper:-
Best Christmas Hampers For Him When Looking For Christmas gifts for men?
Taking as much time as is possible to select the perfect gift hamper is key to getting it correct. Taking your time is always important and well worth the effort in researching. Sifting through gift hampers and ideas for him will include and cover a wide scope of occasions and areas ending in a multitude of choice possibilities.
Each hamper style and design can be specifically chosen to match his taste, style, and the specific occasion because knowing just a little about him will give you great details and assistance in making the best choice. For example how about a selection of his favorite wines in a basket wrapped for the wedding day Christmas hamper? How beautiful and appreciated would that be?
Here are four of the first areas of criteria that I look at when choosing a Christmas hamper for my friends and family members:-
- Taste preferences – Does he prefer beer over wine, blue cheese over cheddar, or is he more of a cured meat feasting lover?
- Brand preferences – Some men are very brand conscious and really do prefer to stick to their brands and I know I do with mine when I can. If he prefers a particular wine label then go to that as your primary choice.
- Size of hamper – Are you looking to send a small token gesture gift or are you going to send an extra-large jaw-dropping hamper? This may be decided based on the occasion and how many you are buying for if relatives will be consuming the content.
- The type of hamper occasion – A hamper for the wedding groom or one for the birthday boy. It could be one for Christmas day itself, but whatever the reason the choices of gift hampers are endless.
Best Christmas Hampers For Her?
Personally, I think that ladies are far easier to buy for than men are regardless of the occasion or seasonal time of year. Additionally, I also find it easier to buy for family groups than I do for men as I typically lean towards mixed hampers stuffed full of tasty goodies that will cover all tastes and preferences regardless of age group.
Brand named Christmas gift hamper baskets will give you any selection you could want and within the basket content you can cover a wide range of brand names that she prefers.
For example, if the lady you happen to be shopping for is keen on a particular brand of white or red wines, delicious chocolate, perfume or other items then include these automatically as part of the contents.
To maximise the joy received from your gift hamoer you may wish to consider the following before you purchase:-
- If the brand name is essential would considering upscaling the brand also work? Buying more than one item from the brand name will surely enhance the gift even further.
- Instead of just a single gift, does the preferred brand offer a staggered delivery of their range that could arrive regularly over a few months or even a year? You could add a little note saying ‘more to follow’ or ‘episode 1 of…..’.
- Think of what items within the brand the lady has already and seek out those that may be on her wish list. Looking at her Pinterest images and her likes on Facebook or Instagram will give you a great deal of help too.
- When the lady likes more than one particular brand, maybe you can combine two or more for that extra unique gift parcel that will seem exceptional upon receipt.
How Can I Buy Christmas Hampers?
Buying something such as a gift hamper basket online nowadays is just easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy as many people say. But if you’re a person who likes to see the actual item face-to-face, then, it will not be as easy as other people think it is and you will have to put the extra time in visiting your favorite local stores searching.
Here are online sources and other possible retail outlets that could help you when buying your special gift parcel:
- Boutique stores.
- Local stores near to where you live.
- Local grocery stores in your neighborhood.
- Local gift markets.
- Christmas catalog.
- Christmas hamper stores online.
What Are Good Christmas Hampers?
Picking the best gifts tests how close you are to the ones you are buying for and it will test how well you know them. People accept gifts and always appreciate what you give to them.
Here is a list that helps me when thinking of picking a gift for a favorite friend or family member:-
- Remember when they shared with you their interests, their wants, and their dislikes, and include these in the hamper basket.
- Think of your shared interests and hobbies, so that you too will feel happy when you’ve finally decided what to buy and what the basket will look like.
- Give them something that they haven’t tried before but been wanting to try for quite so long as an experience gift can be great fun.
- A simple gift basket full of their favorite fruits with a heartfelt letter will work giving them something to nibble on while they’re watching their favorite Christmas movie.
Is It OK To Send Christmas Hampers If I Cannot Visit?
Yes, it is always okay to send someone a gift, especially and specifically your friends and loved ones. Regardless of what you send they will appreciate it and will surely be happy about it as long as you made an effort to see them happy with what you brought for them.
Depending on the particular event taking place during the Christmas season here are a few themes around which to build or have built a gift hamper that is slightly different to those normally given at this seasonal time of year:-
- Christmas USA.
- Christmas around the world journey.
- Christmas games for kids and adults.
- Christmas new baby.
- Christmas wedding hamper.
Christmas Hampers – Ideas To Think On:
The range of ideas you can utilize could be based around the alcohol type and brand you buy as the main part of the gift package. If you have any doubt as to their preferred drink you could go for a mixed selection of popular liquors or wines to work as a sample parcel.
Here are a few examples of ideas which may be of interest:-
- Different types of tequila in the basket along with margarita mixes.
- Different types of red and white wines from a particular nation or vineyard.
- A Christmas Eve gift hamper box that leads into the one they will receive on Christmas Day itself.
- A Christmas night hamper box that follows on from the previous two received.
Where Can I Buy Christmas Hampers In Time For Christmas?
There are a lot of sources where we could buy your gifts from and as mentioned earlier, you could find your gift baskets online as well as through local stores and markets nearby.
This list has just some of the possible sources worth considering when purchasing your intended gift items:-
- Christmas hampers on Amazon
- Online suppliers
- Christmas shop
- Christmas markets
- Christmas gifts sale
What Content Should Be In Christmas Hampers When I Buy One?
The content itself will depend on many factors as already discussed earlier in this article but here a few additional ideas that may assist when making your purchase:-
Can I Customize Christmas Hampers For A Particular Person?
Personalizing your hamper or box purchase can make the gift far better suited to the person receiving your kind gift as you can alter the contents to match their preferences. We all have fond memories that are personal with each of our friends and relatives so if you can incorporate this within your present you will be spot on to their delight.
Here are a few ways in which I feel you can personalize the overall gift hamper for Christmas:-
- Add an item that has particular memories for the two of you.
- The gift wrapping is easily themed at this time of year but depending on what other events are occurring you can adapt further.
- The gift card accompanying the basket and what you write on it needs to be done with care and attention.
- Add the recipients’ name to the items on special labels that you can have printed just for them.
- Add a selection of the recipient’s favorite foods to accompany the alcohol you include but make sure it works with it and not against
- Christmas ribbons.
- Christmas crackers are always very important and should never be forgotten from your list.
How Do I Make Christmas Hampers To Make It More Personal?
Making your own gift basket is like and is easy and to customize it before sending it off to your recipient and creating your own basket will surely be fun and fulfilling.
Here is a list that you might need when making your gift hamper:
- Empty gift hamper baskets.
- Gift boxes and packaging if shipping.
- Basket filler but be selective color wise.
- Wrapping materials to enhance the overall gift parcel.
- Gift bows and ribbons to finish off the gift.
- Gift cards to write on and accompany your parcel.
- Christmas jumpers because we all need one for Christmas.
- Christmas jammies if into this type of clothing.
- Christmas underwear for your loved one that is.
How Much Do Christmas Hampers Cost – Can I afford One?
The cost of your gift basket depends on what you include in it and the good part about it is that you have control over the expense.
You can be creative to suit your own cost restrictions by creating the most unique gift you can yourself. Making your own hamper is easy and you can easily customize it before sending it or giving it to them. Creating your own basket can also be fun and fulfilling, not only for you but also for the couple you’re sending it to when they see the contents.
You don’t necessarily have to spend too much money on your hampers and you simply have to be creative after all, presents can’t be measured by the price they cost.
Here are a few more items you can base your hamper gift around which will also help keep the price to your desired level:-
- Christmas flowers in a beautiful bouquet.
- Christmas plants that perhaps you have grown in readiness.
- Christmas flowering plants that are available at this time of year.
- A Christmas rose is always popular with loved ones.
- Christmas roses as plants rather than a bunch or single stem.
Can I Post The Christmas Hampers To My Friends & Family Members?
This will depend on where your parcel will be sent to and how much time you have remaining to get it there as postal deliveries can be delayed due to the volume at this time of year.
I always ask my supplier to sort out my deliveries if i am unable to visit myself. When able I will even order from a supplier close to my choice of destination to minimize shipping times and costs.
Here are a few points worth considering before posting a hamper yourself at great expense:-
- Will the packaging protect the contents if any part of it is fragile?
- Are you able to send to the required destination legally and will any import duty be incurred? Some items may be illegal to ship to your destination.
- Would it not be cheaper to buy online and have it shipped on your behalf directly?
- Can you buy online from a store local to your recipient to save money and reduce the carbon footprint?
What Guarantee Do I Get With Christmas Hampers?
All suppliers should be giving you a guarantee suitable to cover most eventualities but you must make sure prior to purchasing. ever guess or presume as you may end up stuck.
Not all suppliers provide the same guarantee levels so do take care of this each and every time you make a purchase especially online from companies you have not dealt with before. The website you are using when making an online purchase will have precise details listing their criteria for guarantees and you must take time to read their guarantee policy with care.
Conclusion: Thank you for taking the time to read my article. I hope you have enjoyed this article on branded gift hampers and that the information provided has been of great help to you.
If you have found this page to be of help to you, it would be awesome if you could share this page for me. (Thank you).
Good luck in your future purchases and I hope the item(s) will be much enjoyed.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
BrandedGiftHampers.com also participates in affiliate programs with other sites.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
FTC advertising disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links which are unmarked ads, and I will earn a commission if you shop through them, but your prices will not be affected.