Patients undergoing recovery from different surgeries are likely to have different needs. That’s why there are some things that patients recovering from an operation would certainly appreciate.
While they say that giving your time is the perfect way to help out a family member or friend recovering from surgery, the gifts included in this list would make a thoughtful gesture, too.
Show them you care by gifting them with one of these get well after surgery gifts that range from delicious to definitely touching. No matter the condition, I think you’ll be able to find something on here to awaken their senses and raise their spirits.
To get you started how about this quick taster:-
Here are my 5 top gift baskets after surgery available from Amazon USA:-
- Organic Stores Gift Baskets Simply Sugar Free Gift Basket: Here’s a hard-to-find gift for the diabetic or for the dieter. The simply sugar free gift basket brings goodies and treats for the person who must remain sugar free. Say you care with a gift that cares for the health of your loved ones. Send the simply sugar free gift basket to your sugar-conscious friends and family today. Includes: 3.4 ounce just chocolates sugar free candies, sugar free asst jelly belly jelly beans, sugar free assorted fruit candies 4 ounce., gourmet coffee, three pepper crackers, spicy pretzel sticks, creamy port salute cheese dip, white cheddar popcorn and dark stain wicker basket. (Source Amazon.com)
- GiftTree Fresh Fruit & Godiva Chocolate Gift Basket: Premium fruit meets gourmet chocolates from Godiva. Send comfort and nourishment with this abundant gift basket overflowing with premium gift-grade fruits picked at the peak of perfection, paired with a large assortment of chocolates and confections from Godiva. Each gourmet item is carefully assembled, and the gift is accentuated with a hand-tied satin ribbon. A free card is included with your personal message or greeting, as well as complimentary scissors so your recipient can easily open their gift. Your gift will leave a lasting impression as they continue to enjoy this elegant keepsake serving tray with hand-stitched leather trim. (Source Amazon.com)
- Chocolate Caramel and Crunch Grand Gift Basket: Two large bags of hand-popped gourmet gooey caramel corn made with rich, creamy real butter pairs with two bags of sweet chocolatey pretzels and white chocolate, Caramel drizzled pretzels, crunchy peanut brittle, chocolate-covered sea salt Cashews, real chocolate Almond bark, and a half-dozen of ghirardelli’s fine individually wrapped chocolate squares. A gift that will delight the whole office or the entire family, there are tasty handfuls of yummy deliciousness, attractively packed into a reusable seagrass basket and tied with a ribbon for perfect holiday or party presentation. (Source Amazon.com)
- Burt’s Bees Classics Gift Set, 6 Products in Giftable Tin: Revitalize and infuse your skin with moisture with Burt’s Bees Classic Gift Set. This 6 piece Classics set includes Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream to nourish and hydrate nails and cuticles; Coconut Foot Cream to pamper feet; Beeswax Lip Balm to replenish dry lips; Classic Hand Salve and Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream to nurture and moisturize dry hands; and to nourish and moisturize your dehydrated skin, a tin of Res-Q Ointment. Burt’s Bees Classics are time tested originals made with the finest ingredients from nature. Indulge your skin with these natural products formulated to help retain moisture and keep your skin soft and supple. This Burt’s Bees Classics Gift Set is the perfect birthday or holiday present for anyone on your list. The giftable tin is designed to be gift ready so you can skip the wrapping. Give the gift of nourishment with Burt’s Bees skin care. (Source Amazon.com)
- igourmet Irish Classics – Gourmet Gift Basket: Contains a spectacular array of traditional Irish fare. attractively packaged in a woven basket. An excellent gift for holidays and special occasions. (Source Amazon.com)
Here is an extra taster to help:-
Here are my top choice get well gift basket ideas for after surgery:
- Wine & accessories
- Food hampers
- Spa items
- Tea & accessories
- Beer & ales
You will find many more examples within the article to help you make a choice that suits.
Within this article, I shall refer to frequently asked questions (FAQs), hints, tips, and affiliate linked product examples, to help you with your purchase for the intended recipient in your life.
Good luck with your gift item search and thank you for taking the time to read my article which I am sure will be of assistance to you both now and in the future.
Get well gift for man after surgery – Post surgery gift ideas for him
No matter how sick one gets, nothing says “I hope you feel better soon” than receiving a thoughtfully put-together gift. When they’re not feeling good, the men in your life need some extra love and care. Help out the guys in your life after going through a recent medical procedure by sending them one or more of these get well gifts after surgery.
Here are my top choice get well gift for man after surgery post surgery gift ideas for him:
Portable pill box dispenser- after surgery, there’s a big chance he’s going to be prescribed with a couple of pills, like painkillers. A waterproof pill case can help him keep track of everything he’s taking.
Super soft bathrobes– a set of fleece bathrobes will offer great comfort while lounging and relaxing.
New set of pillows– comfortable pillows will make him fall asleep fast without having to turn and adjust now and then, helping him have a restful night’s sleep.
Comfortable slippers– choose cushioned slippers that offer enough support and can easily slide into his feet when he wants to feel relaxed.
Great books– if he loves to read, try gifting him with new novels you know he won’t be putting down for a while.
Get well gift for woman after surgery – Post surgery gift ideas for her
When a family member or friend is sick, a get well gift will mean a lot to them. Because it may be difficult to know how to help out, here are several gift ideas for a sister, mother, aunt, grandmother, girl bestie or other females who need some extra love after undergoing surgery.
Here are my top choice get well gift for woman after surgery post surgery gift ideas for her:
Lightweight super cozy blanket– gift her with a fleece blanket as she takes her well-deserved rest while watching her favorite TV shows. It’s the perfect companion, especially on cold nights, as she sips a mug of hot tea or cocoa.
Aromatherapy scented candles– choose sweet-smelling candles that have a calming effect so she experiences relief from stress and restlessness.
Bath salts– help out your loved one in restoring and soothing her tired muscles with bath salts blended with essential oils from natural sources.
Diffuser with essential oils– essential oils don’t only offer add a good scent to one’s home, these also provide health benefits such as boosting one’s energy and promoting good sleep.
New dishes– eating can be made more enjoyable with beautiful, artsy new plates and bowls.
Get well gift basket types
Recovering from an illness, especially when surgery is involved, can certainly be a challenge. Make it easier for your loved ones by sending them gift baskets filled with items they’ll truly appreciate once they get out of the hospital and head home. From nutritious fruits and healthy snacks to board games and body products, these gift baskets are guaranteed to brighten up their day.
Here are my top choice get well gift basket types:
Fruit gift basket– if you choose to focus on giving fruits for your ailing friend or family member to get better, there are gorgeous fruit gift baskets available in the market that include juicy premium fruits as well as freshly baked goods, such as cookies.
Teatime gift basket– a gift basket filled with varieties of quality tea will make the perfect present not only for tea lovers but for anyone who simply needs a drink of a pleasing, soothing beverage. Nothing keeps you warm and promotes healing like a cup of hot tea.
Spa gift basket– if your loved one is still feeling under the weather after surgery, a spa gift basket will surely do the trick. Aside from nutrition, getting better also means being able to relax when needed, so make sure your loved ones get the pampering they need with items that make them feel uplifted all day.
Skin and body gift basket– aside from a spa gift basket, you can also put together a skin and body gift basket comprised of items, such as creams and lotions, which will help comfort their body and awaken their senses.
Fun and games gift basket– one of the more tedious things about going through surgery is having to stay at home for a couple more weeks. If you know someone who’s stuck at home, send them a fun and games gift basket that include food favorites like candies and cookies as well as fun classic games.
Healthy gift basket- if you choose to skip the sweet, sugary stuff, gift them with a basket filled with nutritious snacks, such as roasted peanuts, dried fruits, and other healthy but tasty bites.
Breakfast gift basket– because it’s the most important meal of the day, breakfast should not be missed, especially by patients who’ve just undergone an operation. Make sure your loved one keeps up with their meals by gifting a breakfast gift set.
After surgery gift basket gifts to add as extra items
Post-surgery recovery gifts for your family member or friend are unquestionably a touching gesture, but it may be difficult to decide on which items to give. While going for flowers can be a convenient approach, these don’t last long enough. You can also take a get-well card with you when you visit as it brightens up the patient’s day, but how long does this relief really last?
Luckily, there are lots more practical yet thoughtful after-surgery gifts that you can include in your gift basket and hand over to the patient as they recover from the medical procedure.
Here are my top choice after surgery gift basket gifts to add as extra items:
Reusable hot and cold pack– depending on the surgery and the patient’s preferences, they may want a heat pack or an ice pack to ease pain in the back, shoulders, and knees, among others. Go for hot and cold packs that are gentle on the skin.
Adhesive remover wipes– this may be the last thing on your mind but adhesive removers will definitely be appreciated by someone who wakes up from an operation with sticky residues somewhere on their skin.
Daily food and exercise journal– if your loved one is trying to eat more nutritious foods and wanting to get in better shape, they’ll love a meal and activity tracker that’s simple, organized, and easy to use so they can keep track of their food and exercise.
Comfy sweatshirt– let him or her spend the post-surgery days lounging in comfortable clothes, such as sweatshirts that are chic as they are soft and warm.
Sleeping masks– these sleep masks make for unique yet practical get well gifts to help your friend get his or her much-needed rest and sleep anytime of the day.
A pair of headphones– if the patient is someone who’s definitely into music, pick out a good pair of headphones so they can have a pleasant listening experience even when at home or in bed.
Baked goods– decadent treats like crisp cookies and gooey brownies are definitely sweet, touching way of showing them you care.
Get well gift basket ideas after surgery – how to guide to customizing your basket
A get well card can only go so far, but a gift basket that’s filled with useful, thoughtful items to be given after surgery will certainly lift the patient’s spirits.
Get well gift baskets are not hard to put together, and the final product is an incredible one. Everyone loves receiving a gift basket, so here are some tips on how to customize your own.
Here are my how to guide to customising your basket for get well gift basket ideas after surgery:
- Choose a theme that best suits the recipient. Consider the person’s interest so you can decide a theme that they’ll appreciate.
- When choosing items, these things should complement each other and the theme itself. For instance, if he or she is a wide reader, pick up a couple of paperback books under genres that he or she will enjoy. Add bookmarks as well as a small book light to complete the package.
- When assembling a gift basket, it’s best to place a piece of cloth or napkin under the bottom and to make sure that breakable stuff are wrapped in paper or cloth to prevent from breaking.
- Tall items are better positioned in the center while medium-sized goods can be placed on the outside. Meanwhile, smaller ones can be placed in between.
- Choose a roll of cellophane that suits your theme best; rolls of cellophane can be clear, colored, or printed. Depending on the size of your basket, cut 1 to 3 yards of cellophane, place it on a flat surface with the right side down. Place your basket in the middle.
- Gather and fold up the cellophane by pulling the short ends first followed by the longer sides. Secure it with a long tie.
- Add a beautiful ribbon or a ready-made bow that covers the tie. Remember, larger baskets need a larger bow. Likewise, don’t overpower a small basket with a gigantic bow.
- Place a gift tag on the front of the cellophane.
- If you’re not keen on using a basket, other items can also be used as alternative, such as serving bowls, big dishes, or gift box bottoms.
Get well gift basket ideas after surgery – how to guide to personalizing your basket
If you still struggle with assembling gift baskets, here are some more tips you can use to pick out and place your items attractively as you create a personalized basket.
Here are my how to guide to personalising your basket for get well gift basket ideas after surgery:
- Plan ahead and shop early, if possible. If you have chosen a theme for your basket, look out for items placed on sale or clearance items you can include in your set.
- You don’t always have to use a traditional basket. Think fun stuff, like bowls and pots when giving a food-themed basket, vintage crates for home pieces, or large jars for small items, to name a few. Use your imagination to come up with an interesting gift basket.
- Build your base by filling it with tissue paper, bubble wrap, crumpled newspaper or other fillers so the items in the container are elevated and the recipient can easily look over everything.
- Make the gift basket even more interesting by filling it with items in different sizes and textures.
- When it comes to the final touches, not all gift baskets should be wrapped. If you do want to dress it, wrap it up with a suitable cellophane plus a beautiful bow. If you don’t want a cellophane and bow combination, consider other materials like tulle, satin ribbons, twine, and other creative wrapping supplies.
Get well gift baskets – how much do they cost?
Get well gift baskets can range from as low as $35 to as high as $300, depending on the items that have been put together. A bath gift basket set can cost $40 while an assortment of baked goods, popcorn, and other snacks can cost $70. The ultimate indulgence gift baskets filled with world-class gourmet items can cost up to $250.
If you plan to come up with your own gift basket, you should set a price limit not only for the gifts that go into the basket but on the wrapping supplies as well.
Get well gift baskets after surgery – where can I buy them from?
Get well gift baskets for people who’ve undergone surgery are available at your local grocery stores, boutique and gift shops as well as online, including on Amazon.
Whether you’re looking for an assembled gift basket or creating your own, you can find the best prices and huge selections on Amazon. Easily compare prices and brands to find what you’re specifically looking for, and enjoy fast and affordable shipping.
Themed get well gifts to add to your post-surgery gift basket
Adding a theme will help persoanlize your gift and show how much you know the patient. The extra touch I am sure will be received more warmly than a normal gift.
Here are my top themed get well gifts to add to you post surgery gift basket:
For the foodie –
Supply of hot chocolate– if the patient is a big fan of chocolates, offer a supply of different hot chocolate flavors.
Cereal and oats– eating a lot of whole grains after surgery can give them the carbohydrates they need for energy. They may feel tired all the time following the operation, so the right kind of carbs can certainly help increase their energy levels.
For relaxation –
Jersey pants– loose, comfortable clothes are the best to put on after surgery as they’re easy to wear and to take off. Instead of skinny jeans, they can go for classic sweatpants especially if they have to move around with a bulky bandage or cast.
Coloring books– even for adults, coloring books are always a nice option to give especially if they have to stay in bed after surgery and can’t participate in the usual activities. Choose coloring book themes that they’ll truly enjoy.
Books on mind-body healing techniques– going through surgery can cause high levels of stress, thus the importance of physical and mental recovery. Gift him or her a book on how to recover from feelings of anxiety and feel more relaxed after the procedure.
For body and self-care –
Certain medications and the environment in hospitals may leave the patient’s lips and skin dry, that’s why products like lip balms and hand creams are highly recommended.
Wool socks– have your loved ones feeling warm and comfortable especially during cold weather with soft, breathable socks.
Netflix gift card– if your ailing friend or family member just wants to watch television to relax, you can offer them hours and hours of entertainment, thanks to Netflix gift cards.
For the health conscious –
Vitamins– because eating healthy is a crucial part of recovery, there are certain nutrients that are essential in the healing process, such as vitamin C and zinc for faster repairing of wounds.
Dried fruit and nuts– these snacks are known for the numerous benefits they give our bodies, so a combination of dried fruit and nuts in a box will definitely be appreciated.
Water bottle and thermos– surgery or not, staying hydrated is a must. For people who’ve undergone medical procedures, water doesn’t only relieve their thirst but helps avoid constipation as well. Bottles that come in their favorite color and keep their water hot or cold over hours make an ideal gift for your recuperating loved one.
For the home –
Diffuser with essential oils– certain essential oils can be very soothing and relaxing, so a diffuser can make the healing process much more pleasant. Peppermint, for instance, provides relief to patients who experience nausea and vomiting.
Scented candles– if he or she has an empty shelf in their house, you can help add to the home décor with luxurious, sweet-smelling candles.
Unique get well gifts to include in your post surgery gift basket
Need more ideas to fill up your post-surgery gift basket? Here are some unique get well gifts that will help any patient who’s undergoing healing and recovery at the hospital or at home.
Here are my top choice unique get well gifts to include in your post surgery gift basket:
Bedside storage organizer– getting out of bed can be problematic at the moment. Try giving them a bedside organizer that keeps everything they need and can be hung close enough by the side of the bed so they can reach for their stuff comfortably.
Body massager– he or she may be feeling tired most of the time when getting out of surgery. Having massages have been proven to help reduce fatigue and weakness, contributing to the recovery process. Choose a massager that is cordless and portable so it’s easier to use on the body.
Recipe book– sometimes, people undergoing surgery need big changes in their diet. A recipe book can help them plan their meals in advance for a faster recovery process.
Laugh-out-loud books– you know what they say, “Laughter is the best medicine!” Consider books that offer the funniest stories, jokes, cartoons, and many more; these will brighten up the patient’s days if they can’t move or have to stay at home for a few more weeks.
Inspirational poster– an inspirational poster can definitely work some magic for people reading it. Coming across helpful, encouraging words especially after surgery helps reinforce a positive way of thinking.
How to make your own get well after surgery gift basket – simplified guide
When you have decided who you’re giving the gift basket to, don’t forget to make a detailed of what he or she needs and wants.
By making a list, you can decide on the theme you’re having for the gift basket and the best yet practical items to include. Do they love cooking, reading, making art, fixing the home, or listening to music? Then again, can they do these activities while just having gone through surgery?
The answer to these questions will help you start with your own gift basket.
In picking a container, you can use a traditional basket or you can opt for something different depending on the chosen theme. The possibilities are endless, as long as all items are securely held inside the container.
Based on your theme, assemble these gift items in a container that has been lined with a decorative bedding to make it more stable, especially for deep baskets. Keep the goods visible and straight in such a way that’s pleasing to the eye. If some of the items keep tipping over, use tape, glue, or skewers to keep them balanced.
If desired, you can decorate the gift basket with embellishments, such as silk flowers or dried berries, to name a few. Wrap a lovely ribbon around the handle and place a decorative gift tag. It’s up to you to decorate the gift basket just as how you imagined them to be.
Wrapping the gift basket is optional because you can give your homemade gift as it is. However, to lower the chances of the items spilling and to make the basket more secure, it’s better if you wrap it with your desired wrapper, whether it be some fancy cellophane, tulle, or sheer fabric, among others.
Conclusion: Thank you for taking the time to read my article on ‘get well gift basket ideas after surgery’. I hope you have enjoyed this article on branded gift hampers and that the information provided has been of great help to you.
If you have found this page to be of help to you, it would be awesome if you could share this page for me. (Thank you).
Good luck in your future purchases and I hope the item(s) will be much enjoyed.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
BrandedGiftHampers.com also participates in affiliate programs with other sites.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
Please note: “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
FTC advertising disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links which are unmarked ads, and I will earn a commission if you shop through them, but your prices will not be affected.