Gift baskets for bridal showers let the bride-to-be’s family and closest friends spend time together celebrating before the wedding. They’re also an opportunity to “shower” her with gifts that can help build a home with her future husband.
Bridal showers are celebratory events. But, make sure that the bride-to-be wants one in the first place before planning. It’s because some brides feel uncomfortable being the center of attention or guilty for asking her guests for more gifts.
If you’ve been invited to a shower, then you are in the right place. In this post, I’ll be listing down gifts and gift basket ideas for a bridal shower to help make the event as memorable as ever.
Within this article, I shall refer to frequently asked questions (FAQs), hints, tips, and affiliate linked product examples to help you purchase the intended recipient in your life.
To get you started, how about this quick taster:-
Here are my top 5 gift basket ideas for a bridal shower available from Amazon USA:-
- Bath Gift Basket Set for Women: Looking for an all-inclusive home bath set? Need a comprehensive home spa kit for your precious moments of relaxation? Want to surprise your loved ones with a meaningful and special gift idea? (Source: Amazon.com)
- Starbucks Coffee and Teavana Tea Gift Basket: This Starbucks gift basket will perk up any occasion with a 20-ounce stainless steel tumbler, Pike Place and Veranda ground coffee, via instant Cafe Mocha Latte, hot cocoa, Teavana green, and black teas, Walkers vanilla bean shortbread cookies, A dark chocolate ginger cookie, milk chocolate Truffles and more. (Source: Amazon.com)
- Burt’s Bees Classics Gift Set, 6 Products in Giftable Tin: Revitalize and infuse your skin with moisture with Burt’s Bees Classic Gift Set. This 6 piece Classics set includes Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream to nourish and hydrate nails and cuticles; Coconut Foot Cream to pamper feet; Beeswax Lip Balm to replenish dry lips; Classic Hand Salve and Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream to nurture and moisturize dry hands; and to nourish and moisturize your dehydrated skin, a tin of Res-Q Ointment. Burt’s Bees Classics are time tested originals made with the finest ingredients from nature. Indulge your skin with these natural products formulated to help retain moisture and keep your skin soft and supple. This Burt’s Bees Classics Gift Set is the perfect birthday or holiday present for anyone on your list. The giftable tin is designed to be gift ready so that you can skip the wrapping. Give the gift of nourishment with Burt’s Bees skincare. (Source: Amazon.com)
- Dulcet Gift Basket Deluxe Gourmet Food Gift Basket: These brownies are an amazing blend of rich brownie and perfectly creamy cheesecake. It’s layered with a cream cheese filling and then marbled to create layers and swirls of cheesecake within the brownie. Prettiest and tastiest dessert of all time! (Source: Amazon.com)
- Gourmet Nut Gift Basket: Surprise friends and family with a sweet, savory selection of the world’s finest nuts with the Gourmet Nut Gift Tray by Nut Cravings. Our 7-section gift box safely arrives with a variety of your favorite raw, roasted, sweetly flavored, and lightly salted nuts. Enjoy a healthy but decadent snack with over 1lb. Of almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, honey roasted peanuts, glazed pecans, and a fun snack mix. Whether you’re shopping for the office Christmas party or a special present for nut-loving parents, this ready-to-wrap set is as striking as it is scrumptious. Each gourmet variety also promises a fabulously fresh Kosher eating experience for all your special events. So stop worrying about unique gift ideas. This is exactly what they were craving! (Source: Amazon.com)
How about this extra taster:-
Here are more top types of gift basket ideas for a bridal shower:
- Chocolate Gift Basket
- Dried Fruit and Nuts Gift Basket
- True Love Picture Frame
- Lavender and Jasmine Home Spa Kit
You will find many more examples within the article to help you make a choice that suits you.
Please note: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Good luck with your gift item search and thank you for taking the time to read my article, which I am sure will be of assistance to you both now and in the future.
Here are my latest top ten best selling Amazon gift items to consider:-
- AmazonBasics Lightweight Super Soft Easy Care Microfiber Bed Sheet Set with 16″ Deep Pockets – Twin, Blush Pink. (Check Amazon price)
- Bedsure Satin Pillowcase for Hair and Skin, 2-Pack – Standard Size (20×26 inches) Pillow Cases – Satin Pillow Covers with Envelope Closure. (Check Amazon price)
- Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 3 Quart, 11 One-Touch Programs. (Check Amazon price)
- BlenderBottle Shaker Bottle, 28-Ounce, Black. (Check Amazon price)
- YETI Rambler 20 oz Tumbler, Stainless Steel, Vacuum Insulated with MagSlider Lid. (Check Amazon price)
- ThermoPro TP03 Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer Kitchen Cooking. (Check Amazon price)
- Utopia Bedding Throw Pillows Insert (Pack of 2, White) – 12 x 12 Inches Bed and Couch Pillows – Indoor Decorative Pillows. (Check Amazon price)
- Chesapeake Bay Candle Peace + Tranquility, Balance + Harmony, Serenity + Calm Scented Candle Gift Set, Small Jar (3-Pack), Assorted. (Check Amazon price)
- simplehuman, Black 4.5 Liter / 1.2 Gallon Round Bathroom Step Trash Can, Stainless Steel. (Check Amazon price)
- Thermos Blue Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle. (Check Amazon price)
I hope this list of Amazon top-selling items has been an excellent start for you in getting some ideas; now, feel free to enjoy the rest of the article.
- Funny Gag Bridal Shower Gifts to Bring an Extra Giggle
- Bridal Gift Basket Types
- Bridal Gift Baskets – Where Can I Buy Them From?
- Bridal Gift Baskets – How Much Do They Cost?
- How to Make Your Own Bridal Gift Basket – Simplified Guide
- Bridal Gift Basket Customizing – How to Guide
- Bridal Gift Basket Personalizing – How to Guide
- Bridal Gift Basket Gifts to Add As Extra Items
- Themed Bridal Shower Gifts to Add to Your Bridal Gift Basket
- Unique Gifts for the Bride to Include in Your Bridal Gift Basket
- Legal information.
Funny Gag Bridal Shower Gifts to Bring an Extra Giggle
Planning a wedding is very stressful. And that’s where these funny gag bridal shower gifts come in handy!
As long as you know her well, the bride-to-be may even appreciate the stress relief that came with your gift.
Here are funny gag bridal shower gifts to bring an extra giggle:-
The couple will really find this gift useful for their honeymoon. This bag comes with The Bride and The Groom luggage tags, a Mr. and Mrs. cup, and a Please Do Not Disturb door hanger.
You can customize it even more based on where the couple’s destination is!
For example, add in some SPF and sunglasses if they’re going to the beach. If they’re headed somewhere cold, moisturizing cream and some lip balm will do the trick.
Wives are said to be “always right” in any argument. So, why not let the bride-to-be own up to the idea with these funny can coolers?
They’re a sure way to make the couple laugh…well, the bride at least. And when used in public, these novelty coolers will surely bring a smile to anyone’s face.
Strangers may even ask the couple where they got the gift from!
Who said coloring books are just for children?
Follow the adventures of Tiny Dick, who isn’t big but makes up for it with his great personality. It even includes bonus paper dicks and proves you don’t have to be big to do great things.
Note: Remember, I said, stay away from naughty gifts if possible? When planning to give this gift, make sure you’re very close to the bride-to-be, and you know her family’s sense of humor.
Bridal Gift Basket Types
Bridal gift basket types are mostly divided into two: food-related and non-food related baskets. They are equally acceptable, and I will show you examples for both.
Here are popular types and examples of bridal gift baskets:-
This basket is perfect if your friend has a weakness for sweets. From chocolate wafer bars to sea salt caramels to fudge biscotti, how can she resist?
Just make sure she doesn’t consume everything yet. This basket can ruin her figure for the wedding!
Or, let’s say you don’t want to spoil your friend. Give her this healthy gift basket instead!
Filled with delicious and nutritious nuts and dried fruits, your friend can eat as much as she wants without the guilt.
Remember how stressful weddings can be? Give your girlfriend some time for herself with this luxurious basket filled with bath oils, shower gels, and large bath bombs.
Add in a few candles and a bottle of wine to make the experience more complete.
Help your friend be prepared for her future life as a wife. What’s great about this board is it has a hidden drawer to hold any snack.
It’s also very compact, multi-purpose, and economical!
Bridal Gift Baskets – Where Can I Buy Them From?
There are several stores where you can buy bridal gift baskets. You can buy them from any local wedding store, and you can buy them online, too.
Going to a wedding store can give you a lot of options. The selections may even be better since they already know what a bride-to-be needs and are considered “professionals” in this area.
But of course, some prefer shopping online. Maybe because it’s more convenient or the invitation was just sent last-minute—whatever it is, I don’t judge.
Anyway, I strongly suggest looking for reputable sellers and websites when purchasing. Do your research and scan through comments and reviews so you won’t end up disappointed when you get your basket.
Whether you decide to go to a physical store or buy online, my advice is always to take your time. Don’t immediately go for the first basket you saw and found pretty. Sure, you can note that item, but make sure to visit other shops first before making your decision.
Other stores may have promos or discounts that let you get the most out of your purchase. I know this is all common sense, but I want to repeat it if you get overwhelmed while shopping.
Bridal Gift Baskets – How Much Do They Cost?
Bridal gift baskets aren’t exactly cheap. The cheapest basket I saw cost $25, and it can go up to $100.
The reason for this is because the items usually don’t come from one supplier. Of course, it will cost money and effort to order them, which then adds up to the basket’s total price.
The size of the basket is a factor, too. A bigger basket that has more items may cost more than a smaller basket with fewer items.
And when buying online, you also have to consider the shipping fee.
I know that not all of us have the money or are willing to spend that much. If you’re one of those people, you should consider arranging your own basket—which I’ll talk about more next.
How to Make Your Own Bridal Gift Basket – Simplified Guide
We now know that bridal gift baskets aren’t that cheap. But, this guide on how to make your own bridal gift basket allows you to make your own basket for a fraction of the price.
Here is my guide on how to make your own bridal gift basket:-
- Think of a theme
You can go for a bridal shower theme since that’s the occasion you’re invited to. However, you can also base the theme around the bride-to-be’s hobbies, passion, or interests.
- Choose your container
You can go with the traditional willow basket. This is great, but I suggest thinking outside the box and use fun, creative ones to really surprise the bride-to-be.
For example, use a flower pot if she also has a green thumb. Or if you’re both college friends, think of something memorable that can make her reminisce.
- Pick your items
Now, pick items that go with your desired theme. Arrange them inside your container in a way that all the gifts clearly show up.
Also, make sure that at least all the items are useful and well-thought-of, so the gift becomes as memorable as ever.
- Wrap your basket
For bridal showers, I’d go for tulles instead of cellophane (but it’s up to you if you like the latter.) I think they’re more elegant and fit the occasion more.
Lay your wrapper, right side down, flat on a table. Place your basket over it and then grabbing both ends of the wrapper, bring the sides up and scrunch it over the tallest item.
Secure the open area with a nice bow, and then you’re done!
Bridal Gift Basket Customizing – How-to Guide
Customizing a basket can show the bride-to-be how special she is to you.
This bridal gift basket customizing guide will help you stand out from the other guests.
Here is my bridal gift basket customizing how-to guide:-
- Picking a theme
There’s no problem if you want to stick with a bridal shower theme. But, you have the option to choose other themes like the bride-to-be’s hobbies and interests.
- Choosing the base
Gift baskets don’t necessarily need a basket as a base. You can think of your theme and base your container from there.
For example, you can use a popcorn bowl if you chose a movie-lover theme. If your girlfriend is a wine enthusiast, you can use a serving tray as a base.
- Buying the gifts
It’s time for you to pick items to go in your basket. Once you’ve gathered them, arrange them in the basket with the shorter items in front and the taller ones in the back.
- Finishing touches
Grab cellophane or tulle and lay it on the table. Put the basket on top of it and pull both the wrapper’s rectangular ends of cloth up.
Scrunch the wrapper’s excess piece over the tallest item and finish it off by tying a ribbon around it.
Bridal Gift Basket Personalizing – How-to Guide
Buying ready-made gift baskets are convenient. However, they may include items the future bride may not like or that she won’t really need.
Fortunately, that problem can be fixed with this bridal gift basket personalizing guide.
Here is my bridal gift basket personalizing how-to guide:-
- Come up with a theme.
A theme helps bring the basket together. You can go for a bridal theme or choose something close to her heart instead.
- Pick a container
You can opt for a willow basket for this one. On the other hand, think of your theme and choose a base that goes well with it.
- Prepare your gifts
Look for items related to your theme. The items alone should be enough for the bride to guess what your theme is by looking at the basket.
Then, arrange the items in your container in a nice and orderly manner.
- Cover your container
Get some cellophane or tulle and lay it flat on a table. Put your container on top, grab both ends of your wrapper, and scrunch it on top of the tallest item in the basket.
Secure the opening by wrapping a ribbon around it.
Bridal Gift Basket Gifts to Add As Extra Items
Let’s say you’re done assembling your bridal gift basket. However, you still feel something is missing.
Here are some classic bridal gift basket gifts you can add to make your gift basket more special:-
Give the lovebirds this lovely picture frame to hold their special moment together. It’s made of silver-plated metal designed with interlocking hearts that scream love is in the air.
Simple yet stylish, this spoon and fork set has a modern and elegant design that will fit any occasion. Great for 6 people, the couple can definitely use this when having a few guests over.
Who said the bathroom doesn’t need any decorations? With this bathroom set, the newly-weds can now transform their dull, boring bathroom into something beautiful and lively.
Make the couple enjoy their new room together with this lovely and vibrant linen set. This hotel-quality bedding is very soft and comfortable, breathable, and hypoallergenic.
Finally, help the new couple stay organized and keep their vanity clutter-free with this 32 clear-pocket jewelry organizer. None of their precious items will now get lost with this around.
Themed Bridal Shower Gifts to Add to Your Bridal Gift Basket
We know how having a theme makes a gift basket look organized.
Check out these themed bridal shower gifts to add to your bridal gift basket:-
- For someone concerned about personal hygiene
- If she’s concerned about the way she looks
- For someone who’s a neat freak
- For the sentimental bride-to-be
- For your friend who’s always up-to-date with the latest fashion
Unique Gifts for the Bride to Include in Your Bridal Gift Basket
I think personalized gifts really make someone feel unique and one-of-a-kind. If you want the bride-to-be to cry happy tears, check out these unique gifts for the bride.
Here are some top choice unique gifts for the bride to include in your bridal gift basket:-
- Personalized Necklace
- Personalized Wedding Blanket
- Personalized Afghan
- Wedding Vow Book Set
- Personalized Sand Shadow Box
Conclusion: Thank you for taking the time to read my article on gift basket ideas for a bridal shower. I hope you have enjoyed this article on branded gift hampers and that the information provided has been of great help to you.
If you have found this page to be of help to you, it would be awesome to share this page with me. (Thank you).
Good luck with your future purchases, and I hope the item(s) will be much enjoyed.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
BrandedGiftHampers.com also participates in affiliate programs with other sites.
Please note: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
BrandedGiftHampers.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
FTC advertising disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links, which are unmarked ads, and I will earn a commission if you shop through them, but your prices will not be affected.