Gift basket ideas for gardeners will help grow smiles time after time.
A green finger or thumb refers to the gift of growing and keeping plants healthy. There are two possible origins for the phrase, but the chlorophyll one makes the most sense.
Chlorophyll is the green pigment in plants used to make food (combined with light.) Anyway, it stains your hands and under your nails after handling plants, and thus, the term was born.
If you wish to gift someone with a green thumb, you’ve come to the right place. Here are various gifts and gift basket ideas for gardeners they’ll find useful and totally worth it.
Within this article, I shall refer to frequently asked questions (FAQs), hints, tips, and affiliate linked product examples to help you purchase the intended recipient in your life.
To get you started, how about this quick taster:
Here are some gift basket ideas worth considering for gardeners:-
- Introduction to gardening set (for kids)
- A starter basket with planting tools
- Introduction to gardening set (for kids)
- For those interested in growing a tea garden
- For friends who want to start a vegetable garden
- For people who love plants but don’t really have a green thumb
You will find many more examples within the article to help you make a choice that suits you.
Please note: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Good luck with your gift item search and thank you for taking the time to read my article, which I am sure will be of assistance to you both now and in the future.
Here are my latest best selling Amazon gardening items to consider:-
- KATCHY Indoor Insect Trap: Bug, Fruit Fly, Gnat, Mosquito Killer – UV Light, Fan, Sticky Glue Boards Trap Flying Bugs – No Zapper – (White). (Check Amazon price)
- VIVOSUN 1-Pack Gardening Hand Pruner Pruning Shear with Titanium Coated Curved Precision Blades. (Check Amazon price)
- ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge with Temperature Humidity Monitor. (Check Amazon price)
- VIVOSUN 5-Pack 1 Gallon Grow Bags Heavy Duty Thickened Nonwoven Fabric Pots with Handles. (Check Amazon price)
- Garden Flag Stand, Premium Garden Flag Pole Holder Metal Powder-Coated Weather-Proof Paint with one Tiger Clip and two Spring Stoppers without the flag. (Check Amazon price)
- Garden Treasures 48000-BTU Stainless Steel Floorstanding Liquid Propane Patio Heater. (Check Amazon price)
- SIRUITON Patio Heater Covers Waterproof with Zipper Black-24 Months of use H87xD33x19 in. (Check Amazon price)
- Gardguard 25ft Garden Hose Expandable: Expandable Water Hose with Durable 3-Layers Latex and 10 Function Nozzle. (Check Amazon price)
- Grillman Premium (30 Inch) BBQ Grill Cover, Heavy-Duty Gas Grill Cover for Weber, Brinkmann, Char-Broil, etc. Rip-Proof, UV & Water-Resistant (30″ L x 26″ W x 43″ H, Black). (Check Amazon price)
- Best Choice Products Set of 2 Adjustable Steel Mesh Zero Gravity Lounge Chair Recliners w/Pillows and Cup Holder Trays, Beige. (Check Amazon price)
I hope this list of Amazon top-selling items has been an excellent start for you in getting some ideas; now, feel free to enjoy the rest of the article.
- Gardening Gift Bags and Boxes
- Gardening Gift Basket Types
- Gardening Gift Baskets – Where Can I Buy Them From?
- Gardening Gift Baskets – How Much Do They Cost?
- Gardening Gift Basket Customizing – How to Guide
- Gardening Gift Basket Personalizing – How to Guide
- How to Make Your Own Gardening Gift Basket – Simplified Guide
- Themed Gardening Gifts to Add to Your Gardening Gift Basket
- Gardening Gifts to Add as Extra Items to Your Gardener Gift Basket
- Unique Gifts for the Gardener to Include in Your Gardening Gift Basket
- Legal information.
Gardening Gift Bags and Boxes
Presentation is key when gifting someone. Try to stay away from paper since gardening-related items can be pretty heavy and may cause it to tear apart.
There are many gardening gift bags and boxes choices that your green-thumbed friends will definitely adore.
Gardening Gift Basket Types
There are a lot of gardening gift basket types. They can vary based on the “kind” of gardener you are.
Have a look at these examples to get a better picture:
Gardening Gift Baskets – Where Can I Buy Them From?
Gardening gift baskets can either be bought from a physical store or an online shop. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, which I’ll talk more about in detail.
The first pro of buying from a physical store sees the contents and the basket before buying them. Some stores may even let you pick which items to add to your basket to make sure it becomes the perfect gift.
Meanwhile, I can think of some cons that you have to endure the crowd or even some lines. Since there are a lot of people, there’s also a higher risk of you getting robbed.
On the other hand, shopping online is very convenient. You can also buy things that you want in the comforts of your own home, and it’s less likely that you’ll get mugged.
But, you need to make sure to buy from trusted sellers to avoid disappointment when your order arrives. Online sellers who allow customization are also very limited, if any.
The shipping fee is another thing worth considering.
You can also buy gift baskets from magazines, catalogs, or TV advertisements. These three are in the middle of the two mentioned above since some have actual stores you can go to while some offer products that can be delivered to your doorstep.
Gardening Gift Baskets – How Much Do They Cost?
Upon digging, the cheapest gardening gift baskets I saw were around $15, and the expensive ones were around $100. So, you have to consider your budget first before buying one.
Some of the cheap ones I found were actually decent and seemed like a deal. However, you still have to check the bill upon checkout and base your decision from there.
If money isn’t a problem and the shipping cost doesn’t bother you, then go ahead. But if you’re on a tight budget, you may want to consider making one yourself.
If assembling your own basket is something new to you, kindly continue reading as I give you tips and tricks for putting up a gardening gift basket.
Gardening Gift Basket Customizing – How-to Guide
Customizing a gardening basket is both fun and easy. If you’re thinking of putting yourself, a gardening gift basket customizing guide can help you start.
Here is my gardening gift basket customizing how-to guide:-
- Picking a theme
In this case, you’ve chosen gardening. It’s better if you stick with this theme to make your recipient really happy.
- Choosing a container
Ditch the usual willow basket for this one. In my opinion, placing gifts in a gardening-related container does a perfect job—it looks better, too!
- Buying gifts
Gardening gift baskets usually contain different gardening tools. Examples are spades, forks, and maybe a pack of seeds that he/she can plant.
However, it’s not limited to those. Consider adding a pair of gloves to protect their hands, hand cream to help nourish their hands, and a hat to protect them from the heat of the sun.
Then, arrange the items in the container in an orderly way.
- Wrapping the basket
Most of the gardening gift baskets I saw come unwrapped. But, here are steps in wrapping your basket if that’s what you prefer.
Place a sheet of cellophane on a table and put your container in the middle. Grab all the flaps and scrunch them over the tallest item in your container.
Wrap a bow around the opening to secure it and make the basket look presentable.
Gardening Gift Basket Personalizing – How-to Guide
Gardening gift baskets aren’t exactly cheap.
Here is a gardening gift basket personalizing how-to guide that can help you save some money:-
- Choose your theme
You’ve chosen gardening as your theme for this project. I also suggest sticking with earth colors and neutral tones to make your basket look coordinated.
- Pick your container
I feel like pots, pails, or gardening bags are good choices as a container. But, it’s completely up to you if you’d rather go for a willow basket.
- Select your gifts
If you had a green thumb, which items would you find useful? Always think of this question first before buying gifts to prevent you from going crazy.
Gather your gifts and arrange them in your basket. Ideally, taller items are placed in the back, and shorter items are placed in front to be seen easily.
- Finishing your basket
You can leave the basket as is. However, you can also choose to wrap it, and the steps below will show you how:
- Grab cellophane and lay it on a table. Make sure it’s nice and flattened out.
- Place your basket in the center of the cellophane.
- Take the rectangular flaps and pull them upwards. Scrunch them over the tallest item in the basket using one hand.
- Get a ribbon using the other hand and tie it around the opening to secure it.
How to Make Your Own Gardening Gift Basket – Simplified Guide
Wondering how to make your own gardening gift basket? It’s actually pretty simple when you start the following steps.
Here is my step by step simplified guide on how to make your own gardening gift basket:-
- Decide on a theme
You’ve obviously picked gardening for this basket. This is your theme probably because it’s their hobby, so there’s no chance (hopefully) they won’t like your basket.
- Select your basket
It shouldn’t be a literal basket. Think of other containers to put your gifts in, like a gardening bag, a clay pot, or a large watering can.
- Choose your gifts
It’s normal to think of gardening tools in an instant. However, other creative and fun gift ideas are found in this post to give your basket a little twist.
Arrange your gifts in the basket in a way they’re all visible once you hand the basket over to the recipient.
- Put the final touches.
Most gardening gift baskets don’t arrive wrapped. However, you can choose to wrap yours to make it look stylish and elegant:
- Lay a piece of cellophane flat on a table and place your gift on top.
- Grab the two rectangular flaps and hold them over the basket.
- Scrunch them together and hold them using one hand.
- Using the other hand, take a pretty bow and wrap it around the opening to secure and finish off the basket.
Themed Gardening Gifts to Add to Your Gardening Gift Basket
Want to take the beauty of your friend’s garden to the next level? Please take a look at themed gardening gifts that he/she will be thrilled to receive.
Here are top choices of themed gardening gifts to add to your gardening gift basket:-
Bees are every gardener’s best friend—they help speed up pollination to make the plants grow faster. This bee house is very sturdy and can last for up to 3 years under the right conditions.
Made of polyresin, this sculpture looks like bark and like it’s actually emerging from the trunk of your friend’s tree. It can be hanged by adding nails or screws to the keyhole hangers on the bottom.
Inspired by cathedral windows, this stunning glass decor is sure to catch the neighbor’s attention and those of our winged friends. Its bright colors will make any garden stand out and is a perfect gift to anyone who loves the outdoors.
Gardening Gifts to Add as Extra Items to Your Gardener Gift Basket
Let’s not think about gardening tools for a second.
Here are gardening gifts to add as extra items to your gardener gift basket:-
A gardener’s hand can turn really dry with all that digging. Time to give their hands some TLC with this very moisturizing hand cream with Shea Butter, so they always look like new.
Gardening is a stress-reliever, but why let it end there? With this gift set, anyone can feel like they’re in a spa because of the calming effect the oils have on their overall wellbeing.
What better way to express his/her love for gardening than these beautiful wall decors? It’s a great gift idea and a perfect way to bring a boring room back to life.
This is a great gift to give to your gardener girlfriend. Like the gift above, is there a better way of letting the world know how much she loves gardening?
Unique Gifts for the Gardener to Include in Your Gardening Gift Basket
Not satisfied with the gifts listed above? Check out unique gifts for the gardeners to fill your friend with enthusiasm.
Here are some unique gifts for the gardener to include in your gardening gift basket:-
Made of aluminum, this vintage sign is a nice yet unique addition to anyone’s garden. It comes with two pre-drilled holes for hanging and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Gardeners are always out in the sun. Give your female friend this wide-brimmed for added protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Give your friend the gift of comfort even while he/she is working outside with this wearable fan. Fully-adjustable, it has 3-speed wind modes and can last from 2 to 6 hours once it’s completely charged.
Conclusion: Thank you for taking the time to read my article on gift basket ideas for gardeners. I hope you have enjoyed this article on branded gift hampers and that the information provided has been of great help to you.
If you have found this page to be of help to you, it would be awesome to share this page with me. (Thank you).
Good luck with your future purchases, and I hope the item(s) will be much enjoyed.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
BrandedGiftHampers.com also participates in affiliate programs with other sites.
Please note: “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
BrandedGiftHampers.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
FTC advertising disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links, which are unmarked ads, and I will earn a commission if you shop through them, but your prices will not be affected.