Fundraisers are done to raise money for charity, an organization, etc. The more interesting or unique the items for grab are, the more income is generated from the event.
Auctions are a big hit during fundraisers. It’s where you buy and sell goods or services, put them up for bid, and then sell them to whoever has the highest bid.
If you’re planning to hold a fundraiser, please continue reading to get the most out of your event. Here are popular items and gift basket ideas for raffle you should consider having.
Within this article, I shall refer to frequently asked questions (FAQs), hints, tips, and affiliate linked product examples, to help you with your purchase for the intended recipient in your life.
Good luck with your gift item search and thank you for taking the time to read my article which I am sure will be of assistance to you both now and in the future.
- How to Make Gift Baskets for Beginners
- How to Assemble a Gift Basket for a More Personalized Touch
- What to Put in a Gift Basket to Impress Your Recipient
- Homemade Gift Basket Ideas to Get You Started
- DIY Gift Basket Theme Ideas for People on a Budget
- Raffle Gift Ideas that Will Surely be a Hit
- Gift Basket Themes for Fundraisers that are Far From Boring
- Raffle Basket Ideas for Fundraiser Worth Your Money and Time
- Raffle Basket Ideas for School Fundraiser that are also Kid-Friendly
- Raffle Basket Ideas for Adults of all Ages
- Best Luxury Gift Baskets to Make You Feel Like a Million Bucks
- Elegant Yet Cheap Raffle Basket Ideas
- Inexpensive Gift Basket Ideas that are Sure to Impress
- Unique Ideas Raffle Gift Basket You’ll Want to Consider
- Raffle Basket Ideas for Work — Adults Can Also Have Fun
- Raffle Prize Ideas for Employees as a Way of Saying Thank You
- Gift Ideas for Employees on a Budget — It’s Better to Give than to Receive
- What are Good Inexpensive Gifts for Coworkers?
- Silent Auction Basket Ideas They’ll be After
- Silent Auction Items that Sell that Will Definitely Get Your Money Back
- Unique Silent Auction Ideas Your Participants Will Love
- Legal information.
How to Make Gift Baskets for Beginners
Making a gift basket is very simple. This guide on how to make gift baskets will teach you how to arrange one that you can be proud of.
But first, here are some things you have to consider:
- Although you want your basket to stand-out, it should still blend-in with the other baskets in the event.
- Now that you have thought of a theme, decide if it’s going to be food-related or not—you can then start from there.
- It shouldn’t be a literal basket—think of a pot, a box, etc. that’s big enough to fit and hold your items in.
How to Assemble a Gift Basket for a More Personalized Touch
Now that you have those 3 figured out, it’s time to make your basket look presentable. Here are the steps on how to assemble a gift basket:
- Place all the gift items in the basket. Ideally, place the tall ones in the back and the short or small ones in the front to make it more organized. Fill the spaces with small chocolate or paper shredding.
- Grab a cellophane and place it under the basket, right side down. The cellophane can be plain or printed depending on the occasion.
- Gather the cellophane at the top, making sure to pull up the shorter ends first before the longer sides. Then, get a twist tie to secure the opening.
- Tie a bow around the tie to make it look more elegant.
- If any of the sides of the cellophane gape, you can adjust it by gently tugging at the top. If it doesn’t help, you can secure the holes with a piece of tape.
What to Put in a Gift Basket to Impress Your Recipient
It’s helpful to think of a theme first before deciding on what to put in a gift basket. This will make shopping a whole lot easier and faster.
Having a theme in mind is like having a plan. You’re more likely to stick to your budget, too, since you won’t just buy everything you see that might interest the recipient.
Homemade Gift Basket Ideas to Get You Started
A gift basket is a universal gift idea you can make either for close family members or those you don’t know that well. If you’re doing it for the latter, it may even be the start of a new friendship!
They shouldn’t be expensive—plus, you get to have some fun with the theme and content! Here are some homemade gift basket ideas you can use to begin with:
- Tea gift basket – we have that stressed friend or relative who calms down after a cup of tea. Delight him/her with a selection of gourmet teas like English, Chai, or some fruit tea.
- Coffee gift basket – I’m one of those persons who can’t function without coffee. A basket filled with coffee beans, sweet treats with a hint of coffee, and a coffee mug is a sure hit among coffee lovers.
- Beer gift basket – it’s easy to think of items for this. Get him/her a range of beers, some coasters, and add in some beer nuts he/she can snack on while enjoying his/her drink.
- Gardening gift basket – instead of a basket, fill a huge pot with shears, fork, spade, a planting book, and a bag of seedlings. Anyone with a green thumb will surely love it!
DIY Gift Basket Theme Ideas for People on a Budget
Gift basket ideas have already been listed above. But if you’re searching for more, here are DIY gift basket theme ideas based on occasion:
- Congratulations gift basket – did your target recipient get promoted? Make sure to add balloons, baked goodies, or maybe a bottle of champagne to celebrate the occasion.
- Housewarming gift basket – welcoming a family to their new house is a milestone! Why not gift them kitchen towels, spices, or other kitchen necessities for a change?
- Christmas gift basket – the list is endless! Think of any winter or Christmas-themed goods like spiced nuts, pudding, or a bag of hot cocoa and you’re good to go!
- Valentine’s gift basket – be as cheesy as you want. Fill your basket with his/her favorite chocolate bars, some heart-shaped cookies, and maybe include a photo of where you first met.
Raffle Gift Ideas that Will Surely be a Hit
Planning a raffle isn’t really that hard. Just think of what your participants are interested in and you can base your decision from there.
Here are some examples of good raffle gift ideas:
Gift Basket Themes for Fundraisers that are Far From Boring
Fundraisers are always a fun and lively event. These gift basket themes for fundraisers allow you to sit back and relax—all you have to stress about is keeping track of the highest bidder!
- Ice Cream gift basket – fill up a basket to create the perfect ice cream bar. Throw in some cream, cones, syrups, and chocolate sprinkles for the absolute treat! (just include a gift card for the ice cream, though.)
- Arts ‘n Crafts gift basket – put a few calligraphy pens, scrapbooking paper, scissors, glue sticks, and a glue gun and the crafters in your audience will definitely love this basket!
- Future Scientist gift basket – think someone in the crowd might be the next Einstein? Add in some safety gloves, a pair of goggles, and kits they can experiment with. You can even add passes to a nearby museum, too!
Raffle Basket Ideas for Fundraiser Worth Your Money and Time
No worries if the ideas above didn’t satisfy you. Maybe these raffle basket ideas for fundraisers will be the ones to inspire you to make your own gift basket:
Raffle Basket Ideas for School Fundraiser that are also Kid-Friendly
Children love to snack—and they love their pets, too! Take a look at these raffle basket ideas for school fundraisers that will satisfy two of their most important priorities in life:
Best Luxury Gift Baskets to Make You Feel Like a Million Bucks
Speaking of relaxation, these best luxury gift baskets will make anyone feel refreshed and rejuvenated. They may even feel like the wealthiest person in the world after receiving these:
Elegant Yet Cheap Raffle Basket Ideas
Not all of us have the money to buy gift baskets. Although they aren’t necessarily expensive, there are times when we just want to save whenever we can.
I can relate to that feeling. That’s why I listed these cheap raffle basket ideas that will absolutely impress anyone:
- New Mother gift basket – baby shower gifts aren’t just for the baby. Surprise moms-to-be with this basket filled with nipple cream, bath essentials, and maybe some fashion and gossip magazines to entertain her while the baby is sleeping.
- Pamper Yourself slippers – yes: gifts in slippers! Buy warm and fuzzy slippers and put chocolate bars, nail polish, and other stuff to spoil your favorite female friend.
- Spa at Home jar – let’s use mason jars for this one. Simply grab grooming essentials like foot scrub, face scrub, bath salt, lip balm, etc. Place them all in the jar and that’s it!
Inexpensive Gift Basket Ideas that are Sure to Impress
I enjoy making my own basket and seeing a person’s excitement while unraveling what’s inside. Store-bought gift baskets are great, yes, but you really can’t choose what comes with them.
Here are more inexpensive gift basket ideas that will spark your creativity:
- Italian gift basket – pasta is perhaps the first food that comes to mind when we think of Italy. Using a colander as your basket, put a pack of uncooked noodles, a can of tomato sauce, and maybe some bottles of herbs and spices to create the perfect dish.
- Grilling gift basket – this is great now that Father’s Day is near. Aside from sauces and rubs, maybe you can fill the basket with other kitchen utensils so he can grill whenever he wants.
- Character gift basket – knowing your recipient’s favorite character will help for this one. Take anything with the character on it: toothbrush, shower gel, shampoo, etc. Roll a towel, wrap a bow around it, and put all the items inside. How easy is that?
Raffle Basket Ideas for Work — Adults Can Also Have Fun
The workplace is a very stressful place so we need hobbies to divert our attention. Have a look at these raffle basket ideas for work you can include in your next office party:
Gift Ideas for Employees on a Budget — It’s Better to Give than to Receive
There are no rules that employers can’t give their employees gifts. However, the gifts shouldn’t be so expensive so the other employees won’t feel any favoritism in the company.
Here are my top picks for gift ideas for employees on a budget they’ll simply adore:
Silent Auction Basket Ideas They’ll Be After
Silent auctions are basically auctions that have no auctioneers. Interested buyers write their bets in a piece of paper instead of shouting them out.
Here are a few silent auction basket ideas that will catch anyone’s attention:
Silent Auction Items that Sell that Will Definitely Get Your Money Back
The main point of holding auctions is to sell your items as fast as possible. These silent auction items that sell are guaranteed to be sold in no time:
Conclusion: Thank you for taking the time to read my article on gift basket ideas for raffle. I hope you have enjoyed this article on branded gift hampers and that the information provided has been of great help to you.
If you have found this page to be of help to you, it would be awesome if you could share this page for me. (Thank you).
Good luck in your future purchases and I hope the item(s) will be much enjoyed.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
BrandedGiftHampers.com also participates in affiliate programs with other sites.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
FTC advertising disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links which are unmarked ads, and I will earn a commission if you shop through them, but your prices will not be affected.