This article covers what I feel are the best ideas about gift baskets with nuts and dried fruit baskets for the people considering foods like these as a present for someone special to them.
Within this article, I shall refer to frequently asked questions (FAQs), hints, tips, and affiliate linked product examples, to help you with your purchase for the intended recipient in your life.
Good luck with your gift item search and thank you for taking the time to read my article which I am sure will be of assistance to you both now and in the future.
- How do I Choose Nut Gift Baskets?
- What are Nut Gift Baskets?
- Why Should I Choose Nut Gift Baskets?
- Best Nut Gift Baskets for him?
- Best Nut Gift Baskets for her?
- How Can I Buy Nut Gift Baskets?
- What are the Negative Effects of Eating Nuts?
- What are the Common Types of Nuts?
- What Content Should be in Nut Gift Baskets?
- Can I Customize Nut Gift Baskets?
- What are the Ways in Storing Nuts?
- What is a Dried Fruit and Nut Gift Tray?
- What is the Most Popular Holiday Nut Recipe?
- What is the Most Popular Candied Nuts Recipe?
- What is the Most Popular Spiced Pecans Recipe?
- Legal information.
How Do I Choose Nut Gift Baskets?
A nut is a fruit that contains a lot of nutrients that is good for the body. Eating nuts regularly helps you to become a lot healthier and reduces diabetes and heart disease risk. Nuts are tasty, convenient and have many kinds. It is also extremely beneficial to part of any diet.
Nuts are rich in energy and nutrients, which is good for our body. And for people with excess weight nuts will help a lot in losing weight even though it has a high-fat content.
There are different kinds of nuts, so in choosing the best nut for you here are some pointers that may help you:
- To gain the required nutrients in nuts, you should know the best serving size. When buying a pre-packaged nut, check the sodium content. Having too much sodium content would affect your diet.
- Know the different kinds of packaging in a nut gift basket. One of the most recommended packagings is the one in the container. In this type of packaging it makes your nut to have a long shelf life because usually, nuts only last for the weeks when stored properly.
- When choosing a nut gift basket, you should check the expiration date of the product if ever there’s one because some nut products have flavorings and added preservatives which cause the nut to expire on a specific date.
What Are Nut Gift Baskets?
Nuts are nature’s way of showing us that good things come in small packages. These bite-sized nutritional powerhouses are filled with heart-healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Healthy fats like those found in nuts can help lower your cholesterol and promote brain health. “Nuts are one of the best go-to snacks. They’re portable, convenient, and give you a lot of bang for your buck,” says Mohr.
This gift basket is a collection of different nuts of your choice:
Oh! Nuts Holiday Gift Basket, Roasted Nut Variety Fresh Assortment Tray – Variety of Delicious Nuts in Pretty Presentation Box for Healthier Corporate Gift Giving or to send for those on restricted diets.
Why Should I Choose Nut Gift Baskets?
This kind of gift is unique, especially for people who are fond of eating nuts. And to those who love eating finger foods.
For me nuts area a great gift item type to both give and receive especially come Christmas time. Christmas without some mixed nuts would not be the same for me.
I enjoy adding small packages of either certain specific nut types, or sometimes mixed bags, along with other gift items I am providing to my loved ones.
Best Nut Gift Baskets For Him?
According to a men’s journal, the single best supplement for a guy’s diet is a handful of nuts. Besides being known for helping fuel athletes through long days of climbing and skiing, nuts can help fight obesity and high blood pressure when added as a snack to a healthy diet.
Brazil nuts are one of the examples of a nut, which is good for prostate health. This is not only a good source of vital nutrients like vitamin E and calcium, but they are also full of the mineral selenium.
A 2010 study suggests that selenium along with soy may help fight prostate cancer, though more research is still needed.
Here are some best-selling nut gift basket suggestions for men who love eating nuts:
- Holiday Nuts Gift Basket -Delightful Gourmet Food Gifts – Finding the perfect gift can feel like a losing game, especially when the recipient has everything they need! When you’re stumped on what to give, give the tasty gift that everyone will enjoy! Five Star Gift Basket makes gift-giving so easy that you don’t even need to wrap it up!
- Father’s Day Nuts Gift Basket, Fresh Sweet & Salty Dry Roasted Gourmet Nuts – Forget flowers and chocolate, give a gift that’s delicious and healthy! In this bundle pack of Healthy Snacks, you get over one pound of tasty gourmet nuts meticulously packaged in a boutique-style gift box.
- Jeffrey’s Party Nuts and Snacks Assortment, 7 Assorted Gourmet Mixed Nuts Variety – Fall in love with this ultimate care package of handpicked Raw Walnuts, Salted Pistachios, Roasted Salted Almonds, Honey Pecans, Honey Peanuts, Roasted Salted Cashews, and Oriental Rice Crackers. Perfect for snacking, gifting, or expressing sympathy and condolences.
Best Nut Gift Baskets For Her?
Women are fond of losing weight, so there are many varieties of nuts have been associated with weight loss. And numerous studies have shown that eating nuts may help prevent weight gain.
Nut eaters tend to have healthier diets because nuts replace unhealthy processed foods that we intake. And nuts monounsaturated fatty acids tend to target belly fat too.
So here are some best-selling nut gift baskets for women:
- Nut Cravings Mixed Nuts Wood Gift Box, Gourmet Assortment of Nuts – Deluxe Assortment Features a Generous Helping of Healthy Nuts & Yummy Pretzel Pub Mix for Tasty Guilt-Free Snacking.
- Oh! Nuts Holiday Nuts Gift Basket, 9 Variety Mixed Nut Assortment Wood Tray Baskets – For variety is the very spice of life, and we want to give you options in your Holiday snacking.
- Holiday Nuts Gift Basket – Gourmet Food Gifts Prime Delivery – All nuts that made it into this gift tray were hand selected for quality and freshness. The resulting ensemble is a delightful variety of gourmet treats that will please the most discerning pallet. Nuts baskets contains = Roasted salted macadamia nuts Almonds Pistachios Cashews Mixed nuts Raw walnuts and Honey glazed pecans.
How Can I Buy Nut Gift Baskets?
There’s a lot of ways in buying the best Nut Gift Baskets. But when purchasing you should check the quality of the product so you will have no regrets after buying.
One of the ways in buying a nut basket is through online transactions. There’s a lot of offer in the cyber world so if you don’t want inconvenience you can find everything online. You can order it in some online stores, and after some days it will be delivered on your doorsteps.
Another way is going to a physical store. You should check if ever there are nearby nut store in your neighborhood. Some stores have a free taste so you can pick easily the nuts or the that you love.
My first choice to buy this type of gift basket is always Amazon.
What Are The Negative Effects of Eating Nuts?
Eating nuts is such a healthful addiction, but you should control your daily intake of nuts. Too much of everything is bad
Overeating nuts can cause you to have digestive issues. After eating nuts, if you feel gassy or bloated, it is a common side effect because of some compounds which make it hard to digest. According to Alan R. Gaby, MD, author of Nutritional Medicine, overeating fat, which is found abundantly in nuts could lead to diarrhea.
Another adverse effect of eating too many nuts is weight gain. Nuts have high-fat content and calories. About 100 grams of nuts will provide you 50 grams of fat, but if you ate a high content of nuts, it is unhealthy for your heart. But if your lifestyle is sedentary and you don’t move much to burn the calories that you gain through nuts, it can lead to fat deposition in your body.
A nut is one of the most common allergy-causing foods. So, if you are planning to give this as a gift, you should consider if you are giving a nut gift basket to someone who has allergies, you should make sure if they are not allergic to a certain kind of nut. Nut allergy is called anaphylaxis; it is sometimes severe and can be life-threatening.
And to prevent these unpleasant problems, make sure to stick to the required daily nut servings.
What Are The Common Types of Nuts?
There’s a lot of types of nuts. But here below are the most common one that you often eat:
- Almonds. It has more fiber, protein, and other nutrients than any other nuts; they may even be good for your heart. Toasting improves its somewhat chewy texture and mild flavor. Sliced or slivered almonds add an elegant touch to everyday green beans, and ground almonds make delicious nut butter.
- Cashews. These apostrophe-shaped nuts sprout from the bottom of a cashew apple, the fruit of a tropical evergreen tree. Because their shells contain a powerful, irritating oil, they are always sold shelled. Despite their creamy, smooth texture, which comes from a high starch content, cashews have less fat than most other nuts.
- Hazelnuts. Mostly grown in Turkey, hazelnuts pair well with chocolate and coffee and star in Nutella spread. Once the slightly bitter mahogany skins are removed, the nuts are sweet and complement meats and sweets equally well.
- Peanuts. It is the most popular nuts in the United States—although technically they’re legumes, which explains why they look a lot like pea plants while growing. Most peanuts are made into oil or ground into butter, but they are delicious eaten out of hand.
- Pecans. An unusually high-fat content helps give pecans their rich, creamy, buttery taste. This native American nut is often used in pies and candies; it also combines well with cayenne and other spices in savory dishes. The thin shells break easily, which speeds decay, so if buying unshelled specimens, avoid any with cracked shells.
- Pine Nuts. Also called piñon or pignolia nuts, these small, teardrop-shaped nuts are harvested from pine cones. Since the process is labor-intensive, they tend to be expensive, but their delicate, piney flavor is delicious in everything from pesto to cookies. Observe them when toasting, because they burn easily.
- Pistachios. Native to the Middle East, pistachios have a naturally tan shell (those with red shells have been dyed) and a pale green nut that’s high in calcium. The green color is the result of chlorophyll that develops as the seeds grow. When buying unshelled pistachios, avoid those with fully closed shells, which indicates that the nutmeat is immature. A favorite snack when eaten raw, pistachios also give crunch and a nutty flavor to desserts like baklava.
- Walnuts. It is a kind of nut which is high in healthy omega-3 fatty acids, making them especially susceptible to rancidity. When buying unshelled walnuts, it’s best to keep them in the refrigerator or the freezer. Popular in baked goods, versatile walnuts add crunch to salads or savory dishes.
What Content Should Be In Nut Gift Baskets?
Nut gift baskets are just a simple kind of basket which has a delightful variety of gourmet treats that will please the most discerning pallet. Typically it has a square wicker reusable container although sometimes it has different shapes, sizes, and designs.
You can find a variety of nut gift baskets available here on Amazon.
Can I Customize Nut Gift Baskets?
Yes, you can customize your nut gift basket, and if you don’t have any ideas regarding this customization, there are many tutorials online that you can use as reference in making your nut gift basket.
On our sister page covering ‘Empty Gift Baskets‘ we describe how to build your own gift basket which will allow you to fully customise the content.
Here is the article again for your information:-
An empty gift basket that’s nicely-designed adds a whole new dimension to an unwrapped gift or to a gift that comes in boring packaging. Also, its size doesn’t matter as long as it’s big and wide enough to contain your actual gift.
Once you’ve gathered all your gifts, here are the things you’ll need to turn an empty gift basket into something you’ll be proud to give as a gift:
What to Do:
1. When arranging gifts, see to it that smaller or shorter items are in the front while heavier or bigger items are placed in the back. And then, scatter even smaller pieces like mini chocolate inside.
2. If your basket contains several snack-sized items, grab a Styrofoam and put it inside the basket. Grab a skewer and cut to your desired length. Tape one end at the back of the item and stick the skewer to the foam.
3. Place fragile items in front of the basket so they won’t be crushed by the other items.
4. You can choose to glue the items in place using a glue gun so they don’t shift around.
5. Once you’re done, use shredded paper to fill in any gaps.
How to Wrap Your Gift Basket:
1. Buy a roll of cellophane from your local craft store. To make your basket more feminine, wrap it with a tulle instead, which you can buy from a fabric store (usually at the bridal fabric aisle.) Alternatively, there are selections available on Amazon.
2. Make sure to give the cellophane (or tulle) some allowance when cutting it. This makes it easier to work with compared to cutting it too short.
3. Place the cellophane square under the basket and cover the front and back sides by bringing the rectangular flaps up. And then, scrunch it over the handle (or the tallest item) with one hand and use the other hand to tie a ribbon around the scrunched part of the cellophane.
4. Straighten the folds by tugging the cellophane above the ribbon. Leave about 10 inches of cellophane from the ribbon and trim off the excess.
5. Fold the seams at the sides and secure them with tape.
6. Grab a pretty bow and tie it around the ribbon to cover it and make it more presentable. And then you’re done!
Additional tips that will help:
• Make sure your basket has a flat bottom since those with a round base may rock when heavy objects are placed in them.
• Choose the style of basket based on what you’re giving. For example, chips or snacks call for lower baskets while using a basket with higher walls for wine, bottles, etc.
• When using baskets with higher walls, add crumpled paper under your gifts. This helps keep them elevated and at the same time, provide an extra cushion in the bottom.
• Put some shredded paper over the crumpled paper to make it look more professional.
What Are The Ways In Storing Nuts?
Nuts have a high percentage of oil content, which causes it to quickly become rancid in warm weather. In storing nuts, you can put it in room temperature for a month. But it’s best if in an airtight container in the refrigerator in that way, the nuts would last for six months and if in the freezer, it will last for a year.
What Is A Dried Fruit and Nut Gift Tray?
Drying fruit is a way of preserving fruits for sweetener or snacks. Dried fruits have most of the nutrition value compared to fresh fruits. And if combining these two nutritious foods it will serve you a tray full of healthy foods which is the best thing to give as gifts.
Here are some of the best-selling dried fruits and nuts combined in a tray:
- Golden State Fruit Pacific Coast Deluxe Dried Fruit Tray with Nuts Gift – With premium dried fruit including Dates, Prunes, Dried Apricots, Dried Pears, Dried Angelino Plums, Coconut Date Rolls with Almonds and Coconut.
- Father’s Day Nut and Fruit Gift Tower, Gourmet Mix of 12 Assorted Nuts & Dried Fruit Snacks in Individual Boxes – Deluxe Assortment Features a Generous Helping of 12 Healthy Nuts & Yummy Dried Fruit Slices for Tasty Guilt-Free Snacking.
- Flora Dried Fruit and Nut Gift Tray – Lots of dried apricots, peaches, plums, pears, dates and date rolls and prunes with large cashews and almonds.
What Is The Most Popular Holiday Nut Recipe?
According to thebeachhousekitchen.com the most common recipe for Thanksgiving is the “Spiced Holiday Nuts”. The ingredients and procedure are listed down below.
• 1 cup pecan halves
• 1/2 cup cashews
• 1/2 cup unroasted unsalted whole almonds
• 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne
• 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp. paprika
• 1/2 tsp. chili powder
• 1 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a medium skillet.
4. Add the cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and chili powder and stir until well blended, about 1 minute.
5. Add pecans, cashews, and almonds stirring until well coated.
6. Remove the nuts from the heat and spread onto a prepared baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. Sea salt.
8. Roast for 10 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
9. Let cool.
10. Store in an airtight container.
While for Christmas, according to the site tasteofhome.com, the Herb-Crusted Prime Rib is the best food that you can serve for your family during Christmas dinner. Below are the ingredients and the procedure for this recipe.
• 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
• 6 garlic cloves, quartered
• 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 teaspoons pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 pounds)
• 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
• 1 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
• 1 teaspoon butter
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Preheat oven to 350°. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil, pepper, and salt; cover and process until blended. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
• Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
• Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
• Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth and wine to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat; stir in butter and salt. Slice roast; serve with sauce.
What Is The Most Popular Candied Nuts Recipe?
For all the almond lovers this recipe suits you. Glazed almonds are crunchy, golden-brown sweetened almonds, made with just three ingredients: sugar, water, and almonds. These candied nuts are perfect on pastries, salads, or as part of a candy mix, and you can add lots of different flavorings to customize them. Below are the ingredients and the procedure for this recipe.
• 1/2 cup water
• 7 ounces (1 cup) sugar (granulated)
• 2 cups whole almonds (preferably raw)
Steps to Make It
1. Cover a cookie sheet with a silicone mat, or line it with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set the baking sheet aside for a moment.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar, and place the pan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Once the sugar syrup is boiling, add the almonds and reduce the heat to medium. Stir frequently until the sugar crystallizes around the almonds—this should take about 5 to 8 minutes.
4. When the sugar crystallizes, it will probably become difficult to stir, but continue stirring, and eventually, the sugar will start to re-melt. It will caramelize, turn a deep golden brown color, and the liquid caramel will coat the almonds.
5. Once the sugar is caramelized and completely liquid, pour the almonds out onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a fork to separate the nuts while the sugar is still liquid.
6. Let the almonds set at room temperature until they’re cool and hard. Once the almonds are set, break them apart and serve!
7. Once the almonds are set, break them apart and serve!
These delicious candied almonds can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week, but after a few days, they may start to get a bit sticky. If you’re going to use them in pastry decoration, add them at the last minute, since the moisture from frosting or other elements might cause the nuts to get sticky and the caramel coating to liquefy.
What Is The Most Popular Spiced Pecans Recipe?
Spiced pecan recipe. Bite-size and buttery, pecans are the perfect foundation for a smoky, spicy-sweet seasoning mix.
The ingredient and the recipe are listed below:
2 tbsp. packed dark brown sugar
2 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
1⁄4 tsp. granulated garlic
1⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
1⁄8 tsp. ground allspice
2 cups pecan halves
1⁄2 beaten egg white
Heat oven to 300°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Mix dark brown sugar, paprika, cayenne, salt, coriander, garlic, cumin, and allspice in a bowl. Mix pecan halves and egg white in a bowl until combined. Toss nuts with spice mixture to coat completely. Spread on prepared baking sheet; bake until browned and crisp, 25–30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Conclusion: Thank you for taking the time to read my article “Gift Basket with Nuts – Can You Handle These Nut Gift Baskets?” I hope you enjoyed reading the article and this helped you in your gift searching needs.
If you have found this page to be of help to you, it would be awesome if you could share this page for me. (Thank you).
Good luck in your future purchases and I hope the item(s) will be much enjoyed.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
BrandedGiftHampers.com also participates in affiliate programs with other sites.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
FTC advertising disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links which are unmarked ads, and I will earn a commission if you shop through them, but your prices will not be affected.