Gifts for new dads at the hospital can include your favourite gift basket choices thus covering different varieties of food & beverage ideas.
If a man in your life is going to become a new father, you may want to buy him an awesome gift and surprise him at the hospital.
Being a father is an amazing milestone that will definitely change the man’s life a lot! The man therefore really deserves a gift to associate it with the time he spent at the hospital near his wife and newborn child.
This article will provide you with FAQs, hints, and tips, to assist you in your purchasing a very special gift for him.
Let’s see in more details some details & gifts for new dads at the hospital!
I’ll give you some beautiful ideas to help you find tasty gourmet gifts to suit all occasions, regardless of tastes, and your budget.
To get you started how about this quick taster:-
Here are my top 5 gift baskets for new dads at hospital available from Amazon USA:-
- (Check price) Isner Mile Beard Kit for Men, Grooming & Trimming Tool Complete Set: A perfect groomed beard will make you stand out from the crowd! The confidence you will get can make you conquer every goal. This kit perfect for all type of beards or mustaches, Long, short, thick, thin,coarse, tangled….you name it! (Source: Amazon.com)
- (Check price) Godinger Cigar Whiskey Glass – Old Fashioned Whiskey Glass With Indented Cigar Rest: Godinger double old fashioned whiskey glass tumbler and cigar rest in one. (Source: Amazon.com)
- (Check price) Assorted Nuts Gift Box Set: Individually wrapped 4oz bags of gourmet hand-crafted, small batch kettle-cooked nuts with flavors created and nurtured by our nut artisans; An interesting and pleasurable nut sampler. (Source: Amazon.com)
- (Check price) Dulcet Gift Basket Deluxe Gourmet Food Gift Basket: Dazzle your recipient with our premium deluxe package! It’s brimming with an abundance of mouthwatering savories, accented with a magnificent handtied burgundy bow & wrapped to perfection– go ahead, surprise your loved one like never before! (Source: Amazon.com)
- (Check price) Starbucks Coffee and Teavana Tea Gift Basket: This Starbucks gift basket will perk up any occasion with a 20 ounce stainless steel tumbler, Pike Place and Veranda ground coffee, VIA instant caffe mocha latte, hot cocoa, Teavana green and black teas, Walkers vanilla bean shortbread cookies, a dark chocolate ginger cookie, milk chocolate truffles and more. (Source: Amazon.com)
Here are my top 5 gift baskets for new new dads at hospital available from Amazon UK:-
- (Check price) World Craft Beer Case of Mixed Globetrotting Ale: Beer Hunters Sommelier has selected these 15 brilliant craft beers from across the globe to introduce you to the diverse world of craft beer. Designed to be a perfect starter pack for those interested in trying a wide variety of different, modern beer styles from some of the finest breweries in the world, without being too intimidating in terms of wild flavors or stronger alcohol content. (Source: Amazon.co.uk)
- (Check price) Baby Gift Set – Keepsake Hamper Box in Pink with Baby Clothes, Teddy Bear and Gifts for a New Baby Girl: Picture the new parents receiving your Baby Girl keepsake box beautifully styled in a suitcase design. Watch their excitement as they open the lid and find the collection of gifts inside. If you have to send it by post you can imagine them having the same thrill of anticipation as they open their special package BOX SIZE 29cm x 21cm x 10cm. (Source: Amazon.co.uk)
- (Check price) Baby Shower Gift for a New Born Baby Boy Gift Set: Nappy Cake contains approx 30 nappies size 3 ideal for 4-9kg baby , 3 x 100% cotton baby Muslin cloths ideal as a Swaddle Blanket. (Source: Amazon.co.uk)
- (Check price) Newborn 7 Piece Luxury Boxed Gift Set: Newborn 7 Piece Luxury Boxed Gift Set, each box contains 1 x Teddy, 1 x Hat, 1 x Pair of Mittens, 2 x Wash Cloths, 1 x Pair of Socks and 1 x Burp Cloth Lemon set. (Source: Amazon.co.uk)
- (Check price) The Sh!t No One Tells You: A Guide to Surviving Your Baby’s First Year: A humorous, realistic, and supportive guide to the first 52 weeks with a baby, The Sh!t No One Tells You is the first book in Dawn Dais’s popular parenting series, followed by The Sh!t No One Tells You About Toddlers and The Sh!t No One Tells You About Baby #2 . There comes a time in every new mother’s life when she finds herself staring at her screaming, smelly bundle of joy” and wishing someone had told her that her house would reek of vomit, or that she shouldn’t buy the cute onesies with a thousand impossible buttons, or that she might cry more than the baby. best-selling author Dawn Dais, mother of two tiny terrors, is convinced that there is a reason for this lack of preparedness. She believes that a vast conspiracy exists to hide the horrific truth about parenting from doe-eyed expectant mothers who might otherwise abandon their babies in hospitals and run for it. Eschewing the adorableness that oozes out of other parenting books, Dais offers real advice from real moms,along with hilarious anecdotes, clever tips, and the genuine encouragement every mom needs in order to survive the first year of parenthood. The Sh!t No One Tells You is a must-have companion for every new mother’s sleepless nights and poop-filled days. (Source: Amazon.co.uk)
You will find many more examples within the article to help you make a choice that suits your needs.
Please note: “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Good luck with your gift item search and thank you for taking the time to read my article which I am sure will be of assistance to you both now and in the future.
- What choices of gifts for new dads at the hospital are there?
- What should I consider when buying a gift for new dads at the hospital?
- Are gift baskets suitable for gifts for new dads at the hospital?
- Will a brand named gift for new dads at the hospital be best?
- How much should you spend on gifts for new dads at the hospital?
- What can I write on the gift card of the gift?
- Where can I buy gifts for a new dad at the hospital?
- Can children give gifts for new dads at the hospital?
- Are gifts for a new dad at the hospital an appropriate gift?
- Are gifts for new fathers at hospital expected?
- Legal requirements.
What Choices of Gifts for New Dads at the Hospital are There?
There are many available choices of gifts you can offer to a new dad. Some of them can be more practical, while others are more emotional.
A safe idea would be to provide him a practical handbook for new dads as part of the gift basket. Those books are not only fun to read, but they can help him get more ready for his parenthood, as well.
Here are selections of choices of gifts for new dads at hospital:-
- A T-shirt that matches the one his baby has.
- You can offer a personalized picture frame that he will fill with the picture of him with his little one when he/she are born.
- A little alcohol to wet the baby’s head in celebration.
- Lastly, a mug with a quote written on it, like ”new dad, new start” will surely touch the concerned father.
What Should I Consider When Buying a Gift for New Dads at the Hospital?
When you search for the perfect gift for a new dad you should take some things into account. Whatever you choose to offer, it should spark joy, be a bit funny and memorable, as well.
Some people believe that the gift should serve a practical purpose, too, while others prefer to offer a more sentimental style of gift items.
The definite thing is that a new dad will never forget the time his child was born, so he will probably not forget the gift he receives at such a joyful time, as well.
Another thing you should have in mind is that the room in the hospital is not that spacious. With all the gifts that will be offered by other relatives, friends, colleagues or just close people to the couple, space will most probably be a bit overfull.
You should not choose to bring something too large or too heavy as it will make the process of moving and storing it more difficult later.
Are Gift Baskets Suitable for Gifts for New Dads at the Hospital?
A gift basket can really be a beautiful idea of a gift for a new dad. Although some of us may consider such a gift more appropriate for the mother of the baby, it could quite easily be offered to the father, as well.
You could do a joint basket or do them each one for such a special occasion as this.
The basket could include all the necessary items for the big day, like snacks, coffee, drinks, personal care items (including toothpaste, headache medicine, lotion, and even deodorant sprays).
This type of gift is both original and practical.
Will a Brand Named Gift for New Dads at the Hospital be Best?
People tend to wonder over the value of the gift they wish to offer to new dads. Should I buy a brand named gift or maybe a less trademarked gift, maybe even a DIY made one?
The truth is that the monetary value of the gift is not at all important. The gesture itself is what really gives value to the gift. More importantly, it’s better to offer something symbolic and memorable than something more expensive that has nothing original or catchy around it.
How Much Should You Spend on Gifts for New Dads at the Hospital?
Another issue we often worry around is the amount of money we should spend on the gift for a new father at the hospital. Women particularly worry that if they buy something cheaper they will get negative comments from the family.
The truth is that no one will pay attention to the value of the gift. Whether you spend a fortune on a gift or just a few bucks, the joy you will cause to the father will surely be the same.
It is more probable that a really expensive gift will make the father skeptical about finding a way to repay you in the future. Adding extra worries during those wonderful days is something that neither of us wishes!
Keep to what you can afford and are happy to spend on the lucky new dad.
What Can I Write on the Gift Card of the Gift?
There are many wishes you can write down on the gift card of the present you are going to give to the new dad at the hospital.
There are the typical wishes that include the congratulations for both the father and the mother for this special day and there are also more original wishes.
For example, if you are artistic enough, you can come up with an original poem for the new dad. Similarly, depending on the relationship you have with the father, you can write down something funny and special, like an inner joke you have shared for years.
This will make him feel that you’re close by and ready to help him in this new life that awaits him.
Where Can I Buy Gifts for a New Dad at the Hospital?
There are a number of online retailers and companies that offer original gifts for new dads at hospitals. You can search online for the perfect gift by typing down the type of it you have imagined.
If you have something specific in your mind, you can always look for it in Amazon. Otherwise, you can find ideas in online magazines, social media and sites like Pinterest. You should also, read past reviews from customers who bought each gift for their beloved one.
Can Children Give Gifts for New Dads at the Hospital?
A child can offer a new dad a gift on this special day of his life, as well. Of course, it will not be something complicated or expensive. It doesn’t even need to be something they buy. A drawing or painting can be the perfect thoughtful gift.
Just imagine the joy in the new father’s face when he sees a drawing of himself with his beloved wife and their newborn child. The feeling will be irreplaceable!
A child is typically seeing the world through its innocent eyes and that makes a gift offered by it a memorable gesture, that inspires love and closeness.
Are Gift Baskets for a New Dad at the Hospital an Appropriate Gift?
Being a new dad automatically means a change in everyday life, as well so, offering a gift can be the perfect memory of this special day.
Although it’s true that most dads won’t pay so much attention to the gift, since they will be focused on the day itself, they will take notice of it in the future days. They will also, feel that someone loves them and will be near them if they need it. Feeling secure is so important.
Moreover, people usually focus on the new mother during pregnancy. Most gifts are made for either the mother or the newborn, therefore, offering the father as well a gift is not only appropriate but necessary, too. That way, he will not feel excluded from the other members of his family.
Are Gift Items for New Fathers at Hospital Expected?
As mentioned above, people usually offer gifts to the new mother or the newborn. Offering a gift to the new father is definitely less common but still a thoughtful gesture. Therefore, it should not be expected.
That doesn’t mean, however, that you shouldn’t offer it. It will definitely be a pleasant surprise.
You could also if you prefer, choose a gift that suits all the family! For example, a mixed content gift basket parcel with special wishes for the new beginning as a family.
If you are a friend or relative to the father, you will wish to choose something more personal and specifically targeted. You should also, remember that you are not the only one who is going to bring a gift to either the father or the mother at the hospital. For this reason, if you wish to offer something large it might be better to bring it to the couple’s house afterward.
Buying a gift for your friend or relative who is going to become a father can be an overwhelming experience. With so many different choices available on the market nowadays, it is natural that you cannot easily decide on the gift you wish to offer. However, you should always remember that the gesture is that really matters. No one is going to comment on the type of present or the value of it.
Just relax and choose a personal gift that will make the new dad remember the moment for a long time afterward. Being near him during this new beginning is by far more important than offering him a tangible gift!
Conclusion: Thank you for taking the time to read my article “Gifts for New Dads at the Hospital – FAQs Worth Considering”. I hope you have enjoyed this article on branded gift hampers and that the information provided has been of great help to you.
If you have found this page to be of help to you, it would be awesome if you could share this page for me. (Thank you).
Good luck in your future purchases and I hope the item(s) will be much enjoyed.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
BrandedGiftHampers.com also participates in affiliate programs with other sites.
Please note: “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
BrandedGiftHampers.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
FTC advertising disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links which are unmarked ads, and I will earn a commission if you shop through them, but your prices will not be affected.