This article covers what I feel are the best ideas about Retirement Cards and for the people considering giving things like this as a present for retirement.
Within this article, I shall refer to frequently asked questions (FAQs), hints, tips, and affiliate linked product examples, to help you with your purchase for the intended recipient in your life.
Good luck with your gift item search and thank you for taking the time to read my article which I am sure will be of assistance to you both now and in the future.
- Legal information.
What to Say in a Retirement Card to Accompany your Gift Basket
Retirement is the withdrawal from one’s position or occupation or from one’s active working life. Many people choose to retire when they are eligible for private or public pension benefits, although some are forced to retire when bodily conditions no longer allow the person to work any longer (by illness or accident) or as a result of legislation concerning their position. Nowadays, most developed countries have systems to provide pensions on retirement in old age, which may be sponsored by employers or the state.
What is a Retirement Card?
Retirement card is a card containing a message regarding your retirement. It’s either for your manager, supervisors, relattive, friend, mentor or coworkers. Retirement is a major life milestone, and one that should be recognized in the workplace. People retire for a variety of different reasons, so there’s no one-size-fits-all message to acknowledge someone’s retirement.
When you’re thinking about an appropriate way to recognize the retirement of a friend, coworker or client, start by taking into account why they’re retiring. Once you consider the “why,” a sincere and thoughtful retirement card message is much easier to craft.
Retirement by choice. Your employee, coworker, friend or client has put in the years and can afford to retire, or he or she has accepted a retirement package as part of a company downsizing. Be sure to consider the emotional nuances of both scenarios, but in both cases the person is likely to be moving on to other things they want to do. Their future may include hobbies, volunteer activities, traveling, spending time with families or pursuing other career interests.
Retirement due to other circumstances. Other reasons someone may be retiring include mandatory age ceilings or union retirement eligibility after 20 years on the job. In the latter case, you may have someone who will be changing careers at a relatively young age. Finally, it’s also not uncommon for someone to retire in order to address their own health concerns or those of family members. (Source)
How to make a Retirement Card
Congratulate the retiree on a long and successful career by writing the perfect retirement message to send them off. You can write a heartfelt note about how much you’ll miss them at work, acknowledge their hard work over the years, or joke about their newfound free time. Whether you’re a co-worker or their child whose all grown up, we’ve provided some guidance below on what to write in a retirement card.
Step by Step: What to Write in a Retirement Card
If you can’t find the right words to say, follow these simple tips on writing your retirement card message for the retiree:
Say congratulations.Congratulate the retiree on the news of their retirement and let them know how happy you are for them.
Acknowledge how hard they’ve worked.Let the retiree know that their hard work hasn’t gone unnoticed. You can speak about your admiration for their work ethic or remind them how proud you are.
Share a favorite memory.If you’re a co-worker, share a favorite memory from work or let your co-worker know you’ll miss them. If you’re a family member or friend, share what you remember most about the retiree’s journey to success.
Send well wishes for the future.Send the retiree off with well wishes for their next chapter. You can wish them a relaxing future, wish them endless vacations, or write a humorous message. You can also write how you’re looking forward to spending time with them. (Source)
What Should be the Message Content of a Retirement Card to Accompany your Gift Basket
Is someone you know retiring? When people retire it’s a significant event in their life, and finding something meaningful or funny to write in their retirement card can be challenging. We’ve rifled through the inter-web, rummaged through our cards and come up with some popular and unique ideas for you. From funny quotes to sincere messages, simply pick your favorite.
Following are some examples of retirement messages from different categories.
Retirement Wishes for Co-worker
When a coworker retires, part of your community leaves. You miss the laughter and shared frustration that you enjoyed. There are more memories than you can count.
- We will miss your wisdom and experience, but most of all, we will miss the encouragement you have been to us. We wish you the happiest of retirements.
- You are the kind of people that brings the best in others! Thank you for everything you did. Wishing you a life full of success and happiness!
- Having someone like you as a coworker has been no less than a gift. Wishing you a wonderful retired life ahead!! You will be missed, but never forgotten.
- I wanted you to know what a blessing it’s been to work with you over these past few years. Hope you’ll enjoy every minute of your retirement. We’re really going to miss you!
- Retirement isn’t all it is cracked up to be. It isn’t for us, anyway. Enjoy your well-deserved freedom and know you will be missed. (Source).
Retirement Message for Boss
As one of the most desired stages of our adult life, retirement represents a new stage of our life and freedom from the concrete jungle. To celebrate this momentous event for your retiring boss, here is a look at some of the best retirement card messages for boss to share.
- “All these years you may have been the boss, but now all that goes out for a toss. Retirement marks the end of your reigning thunder, because without your job title you’re no more than a mere commoner. Farewell.”
- “All your work life you’ve given orders to colleagues. Now you’ll experience how it feels to have a boss… as you stay home and take orders from your wife. Happy retirement.”
- “Congratulations for retiring. Life has officially given you the permission to splurge, enjoy and relax.”
- “Dear boss… please remember that no matter how much everyone wishes you well for your retirement, deep down inside they’re just happy that you’re leaving. Farewell.”
- “Dear boss… retirement is life’s way of telling you that you’ve spent too much time giving orders and getting others to do things for you. Now it’s time to do something on your own.” (Source).
Funny Retirement Message
When your boss or work colleague is retiring, it tends to be a fun occasion where folks are looking for a reason to laugh. Adding some appropriate humor where folks are laughing with everyone, and not at anyone, can be great when done well.
- Happy retirement to you. I wish to advice you not to try and cram too many activities into a short span of time. You have no deadlines to beat, no bosses to impress and no customers to satisfy so take your time and just relax.
- Now you get a new boss who knows about your true work ethic, organizational skills, and excuses. Spouses make the toughest bosses. Good luck!
- It doesn’t matter whether you behave like a grumpy retiree or not, because people are going to assume that anyways. Good luck dealing with that.
- Congratulations for your retirement. Now you will be forced to work on a never-ending project that will take up all your time and it’s called – Doing Nothing.
- What I wish for you as you retire is good health. May you be heart attack free as you grow fat just lazing around. Have a good retirement. (Source)
Short Retirement Wishes
A handful of short retirement wishes to say congratulations to the lucky retiree.
- Congratulations on your retirement! Wishing you all the very best for the coming years.
- With all best wishes to you on your retirement. We hope that your retirement is filled with relaxation, fun, and family time.
- Well done on reaching your retirement! Enjoy your well-deserved time off.
- Congratulations on your retirement. You’ve had a brilliant career and now it’s time for a fantastic retirement!
- You made it! Congratulations on your retirement, we’ll miss you around the office. (Source)
Funny Retirement One Liners
Retirement has a certain amount of humor with it. Not only is it the chance to roast the retiree, but it’s also a chance to poke some fun at the prospect of aging itself. People live longer when they can laugh long and loud and that’s what these funny retirement jokes are intended to do.
- The question isn’t at what age I want to retire, it’s at what income.
- Why are there so many old people in Church? They’re cramming for the final.
- Retirement is the time in your life when time is no longer money.
- Be nice to your kids. They’ll choose your nursing home.
- A retired husband is often a wife’s full-time job. (Source)
Funny Retirement Poems
Celebrate retirement with a bang, or more importantly, a ballad. It’s time to tickle your coworker or family’s funny bone with fun poetry for retirement. While everyone else is simply expressing their good wishes the old-fashioned way, you could be the life of the party by reciting a funny retirement poem that still honors the retiree in a heartfelt way.
The Day Has Arrived
The day you thought you’d never see,
Has finally arrived.
And despite whatever you once believed,
Gosh darn it, you’re still alive.
You managed to survive your working years
And retirement shines before you.
Your spouse can nag you full time now,
And your kids will still annoy you.
Yes, these will be your golden years
To live life as you please.
You can play golf and power walk at the mall,
At least until you give out at the knees.
You can take up painting if you like,
And spend all day painting flowers,
That is until your hand cramps up
After holding the brush for hours.
Don’t worry about getting dressed every day,
You’ve earned the right to stay in your pajamas.
All you have to do is turn on the TV,
And watch your afternoon dramas.
Sometimes life may get a little boring,
Especially when you’ve no place to be.
You can take up exciting hobbies,
Like doing puzzles or watching birds sit in a tree.
Yes, retirement has its highs and lows,
But there’s one thing not to be forgot.
As long as you’re above ground and not below,
Retirement’s the better of the lot.
by Kelly Roper
With reluctance, we announce that
(Name) has reached her expiration date.
To remain here employed with us,
It’s simply just too late.
She knows that we’ll all miss her,
Well, at least a little bit.
For as much fun as we’ve had you know,
Sometimes she could be a twit.
But we jest, it’s all in good fun,
And we’re sure she can take a joke.
Just watch out friends in case she gets mad,
Cause we’ve heard she packs quite a poke.
In all seriousness, (Name), you know we love you,
And simply want to say,
Good luck with all your future holds,
And happy retirement day!
You’re Retiring Today
by Kelly Roper
You’re retiring today,
And we want to wish you well.
It may seem like you still work here,
But a few signs will surely tell.
No more coffee cup rings
On sub-standard reports,
And when you’re feeling surly,
We won’t hear your spicy retorts.
Your cubicle will no longer emit
That oh-so-familiar smell,
Of stale coffee, vapor rub,
And day-old Taco Bell.
And when it’s time for a meeting
A tear will surely come to each eye,
When you’re not there to plop down in a chair,
And heave a bored and world-weary sigh.
But let’s not dwell on what we’re losing,
Because you’re surely better off.
Have fun wasting time off the clock now,
And think of us fondly while you’re goofing off. (Source)
Retirement Wishes Quotes
- Think about it, now you never have to ask for a day off again. Happy Retirement!
- Happy retirement wishes! Wishing you all the best in your new retired life.
- All the best for an amazing retirement! Enjoy your new chapter in life, where you become your own boss.
- As one chapter ends, another begins, welcome to your new found freedom!
- When someone as wonderful as you finally gets to retire it makes my heart melt! Congrats and all the best to your relaxing years ahead!
Best Retirement Quotes
- Retirement is a blank sheet of paper. It is a chance to redesign your life into something new and different.
Patrick Foley, Winning at Retirement
- “Retirement gives you the time literally to recreate yourself through a sport, game, or hobby that you always wanted to try or that you haven’t done in years.”
Steven D. Price, How to Survive Retirement
- Retirement is a new beginning, and that means closing the book on one chapter in order to begin the next.
Sid Miramontes, Retirement: Your New Beginning
- “Retirement, a time to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, where you want to do it, and, how you want to do it.”
- “We work all our lives so we can retire – so we can do what we want with our time – and the way we define or spend our time defines who we are and what we value.”
Bruce Linton, Fatherhood
Funny Retirement Quotes
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- “What do you call a person who is happy on Monday? Retired.” — Unknown
- “I can’t wait to retire so I can get up at 6 o’clock in the morning and go drive around really slow and make everybody late for work.” — Unknown
- “Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.” — Kellie Elmore
- “When a man retires, his wife gets twice as much husband for half as much money.” — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Retirement Wishes for Teachers
During all our schooling, some teachers mark our minds more than others. Indeed, some teachers know and love to pass on their knowledge. And they can even do a lot more! They can give a taste for learning, help students to excel and gain self-confidence.
- An incredibly knowledgeable, passionate, witty and industrious teacher – best wishes for retirement.
- A wonderful teacher; best wishes for a long and happy retirement. Enjoy your well-earned retirement.
- Blessed to have had such a wonderful teacher and person, best wishes going into your retirement
- Thank you for showing us the keys to success: having confidence in yourself and in your abilities, believing in yourself and always trying to surpass yourself. Thank you.
- The biggest lessons are not from a book but from a teacher like you. Thank you for taking the time to help me during this year and to have accompanied me in mastering my knowledge. (Source)
Conclusion: Thank you for taking the time to read my article on “What to Say in a Retirement Card to Accompany your Gift Basket”. I hope you have enjoyed this article on branded gift hampers and that the information provided has been of great help to you.
If you have found this page to be of help to you, it would be awesome if you could share this page for me. (Thank you).
Good luck in your future purchases and I hope the item(s) will be much enjoyed.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
BrandedGiftHampers.com also participates in affiliate programs with other sites.
BrandedGiftHampers.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
FTC advertising disclosure:
This post contains affiliate links which are unmarked ads, and I will earn a commission if you shop through them, but your prices will not be affected.